Thread: Unknown scar tissue around uterus

Question Unknown scar tissue around uterus

Almost two weeks ago, I had a laparoscopic procedure to diagnose potential endometriosis. While I did have some evidence of endometriosis, it was taken care of and it was mild compared to what the pain and bleeding suggested. I always suspected that I had some degree of it, so this came as no surprise to me.

What did come as a surprise was the discovery I had scar tissue on or around my uterus. I don't remember exactly since I was told this while I was still coming out of the PACU. The problem is this: I've never had prior surgeries aside from a tooth removal. I've never had any serious injuries that could have possibly caused this. I have never been pregnant either and am not sexually active either, so I seriously doubt any potential injuries or infections could result from that. All in all, there's nothing either me or my mom can think of that happened in my entire life to cause scar tissue to form. I would like to think I would remember something that caused enough damage to form scar tissue. I'm going in for a follow up appointment next week, but I was just...curious, I guess.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? It's just weird to me and I'm still not sure what to make of it after almost two weeks. :/

Obviously, I'm going to ask my gynaecologist about this, but my curiosity is getting the better of me and I would rather avoid good ol' Dr. Google. Not that it helped much to begin with lol.

Re: Unknown scar tissue around uterus

Oh gosh, that is a strange one isn't it - I'm afraid I can't offer any suggestions and I haven't have any experience myself either. I'm not surprised it is making you question though (despite the fact that clearly scar tissue is benign), and I would certainly want to have some sort of explanation from someone knowledgeable. I mean like, have they definitely not mixed up your scan with someone else ? LOL If you are there are issues with pain and bleeding, and they are not addressed by the mild endometriosis diagnosis, and there is this 'scar tissue', then I would certainly want further discussion on it too.

Thread Information