Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Foamy urine - to all of those concerned

Foamy urine - to all of those concerned

Hi everyone.

I have seen several threads here about people having foamy urine and Google search leads you to believe it is protein in the urine and you are nearly dead due to kidney failure. I just want to share my story so it maybe helps someone.

For the past 2 weeks I've been having foamy urine throughout the day. I have tried sitting while peeing which helps a bit but the foam is still there. Then I tried peeing in the plastic cup (being hypochondriac I get crazy ideas) and yesterday night I didn't have any foam, but in the morning plastic cup looked like a beer literally after I went to pee. I mean, it was literally half an inch of foam on the top.

I panicked of course, thought I was dying, and took the second pee, which also was covered in foam and gave urine for a test. I also did blood test to check for urea, creatinine levels, ESR, general blood work and GFR(which is basically something I found online which tells you how much your kidneys are damaged).

All tests came back perfectly normal. No protein in urine, all blood tests were perfect so I definitely do not have protein in my urine. What causes foam? I have no idea and it is certainly not an issue when my kidneys are fine, so when you read online that foam == protein in urine, know that this might not be the case and even significant foam, even during the day, even in sitting position or peeing in the cup, can still mean that you are perfectly healthy.

Take care

Re: Foamy urine - to all of those concerned

Do you put blocks in your cistern? Or any other chemical which might be in the water causing the foaming?

Either way, you can swiftly move on from this for sure

No, I do not.

And when I was taking urine sample to test, it looked like I was taking them a beer due to foam .

Again, I am sure now it is nothing as tests are fine but why it is there, who knows.

I'm a guy and i've worried about this in the past - also did the pee in a cup thing LOL! I find first thing in the morning mine is very bubbly but this levels out as the day goes on. Often its due to the urine being concentrated, which makes sense if we sleep for 7-8 hours and then go to the toilet first thing. Lot's of people have bubbles in their urine. From what I've read, protein in the urine shows with bubbles coming a couple of inches up the side of the pan with 2 or 3 flushed needed to get rid of them all. Drinking more fluids usually reduced the bubbles.

I actually spoke to friends about this and they all looked at me like I was off my rocker with a response of 'isn't all guys pee bubbly because of the height and the fact that we don't drink enough water?'.

Anxiety + google - worst combo ever!

Thats a good post above, I think its another one of those 'symptoms' which people think is a symptom and is actually totally normal. After all, how often do we go around looking at urine that people have just produced to compare? I personally have never thought anything of this, as I thought it was usual in the morning (as the previous poster says) and often due to the SPEEEEDDdddd of exit.

It can be scary, especially if you pee in a cup and it looks like you just peed a beer with foam all over that is not going away.

The most important thing to get away from this is that Google is full of s*it. You can enter literally anything and see some deadly disease.

Well, managed to freak out myself even more now.

Since I'm still pissing champagne and doing it in a side of cup was not foaming I read that you need to shake the cup so that protein could break up.

Well, when I peed in a bottle and shoke it few times it foamed like crazy. Gross I know.

Anyway, managed to ruin my vcation here and now waiting to return home and do analysis once again.

Aparently with focal glomerulosclerosis you could have normal blood work related to kidneys and I never did 24h lrotein urine and the one time I measured it it wasn't morning pee.

Sorry for rambling, had to vent a bit, as my anxiety is through the roof.

Perhaps going in the toilet and just flushing as opposed to using cups and bottles to self check something you've been medically cleared of would be a better approach to bodily fluid evacuation?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, that's true.

I calmed myself this morning by realizing that my protein in urine levels were 0.01g/L and normal is up to 0.14. Even though it was third urine if I had some leaking it would show I guess. On blood test kidneys were also fine.

I haven't been to doctor so no one actually confirmed I am okay, but I did the tests on my own.

If this helps you mentally then let me tell you... I have been experiencing foamy urine since 2016. Almost everyday. Sometimes it's clear but most of the time it's foamy. Sitting or hitting the sides of the toilet doesn't help. Last week I got my blood works done. Everything came back normal. So I guess it's normal to have foamy urine. But one thing is that drinking plenty of water throughout the day has turned my urine clear. But if you are worrying too much then the best solution is to get tested for your peace of mind. All the best.
    Love. D.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information