Hi everyone.

I have seen several threads here about people having foamy urine and Google search leads you to believe it is protein in the urine and you are nearly dead due to kidney failure. I just want to share my story so it maybe helps someone.

For the past 2 weeks I've been having foamy urine throughout the day. I have tried sitting while peeing which helps a bit but the foam is still there. Then I tried peeing in the plastic cup (being hypochondriac I get crazy ideas) and yesterday night I didn't have any foam, but in the morning plastic cup looked like a beer literally after I went to pee. I mean, it was literally half an inch of foam on the top.

I panicked of course, thought I was dying, and took the second pee, which also was covered in foam and gave urine for a test. I also did blood test to check for urea, creatinine levels, ESR, general blood work and GFR(which is basically something I found online which tells you how much your kidneys are damaged).

All tests came back perfectly normal. No protein in urine, all blood tests were perfect so I definitely do not have protein in my urine. What causes foam? I have no idea and it is certainly not an issue when my kidneys are fine, so when you read online that foam == protein in urine, know that this might not be the case and even significant foam, even during the day, even in sitting position or peeing in the cup, can still mean that you are perfectly healthy.

Take care