Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep

Red face Sleep

Does anybody find sleep a pointless exercise? I sometimes wish I could run 24 hours per day and also last without having food either

Re: Sleep

No, I love sleep & bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A life without sleep and food? Never!

Sleep and food are my life

Food, yeah I could do without that. One pill once a day would do me if such a thing was ever invented. I've never been a foodie, food is fuel and I eat to live, not live to eat. Always been like it.

However...sleep, well no one could ever take that from me without a fight. Me and my bed have a great relationship. I've had two nights of insomnia now and I hate it because I can't sleep. It will come back and I can't wait.
    Actually I think sleep is very important for anxiety sufferers, it kind of resets the body and without it we are a whole lot worse.

Ghost…Spillways

Sleep is a respite from our issues. How on earth could you cope with no respite from your OCD and anxiety, Phil?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Let's just call it a day then, eh?

Honestly, Phil

Never Surrender, Comrade

Well, I gotta go with Phil on this one. My mind races when I get to bed and I come up with all these creative, ambitious ideas that I would love to get up and get started on, but I know I MUST sleep, so I force myself to lie there, and toss and turn trying not to wake up hubby. Of course I finally fall asleep probably between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. and could then sleep till noon, but then I can't get all my ambitions done. I used to think sleeping was a total waste of time, but intellectually I know our bodies need it, so I need to get into a better sleep routine. I just retired 2 weeks ago so my routine and cycles are all off, especially since I just spent a week on the opposite coast in a different time zone.

Food? Eh, most of the time it's a pain in the butt and I would love to take a pill instead, but I would hate to give up my occasional splurges of chocolate, potato chips, and ice cream.
    Sue

I love food and sleep so that's a "NO" from me!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post
    Well, I gotta go with Phil on this one. My mind races when I get to bed and I come up with all these creative, ambitious ideas that I would love to get up and get started on, but I know I MUST sleep, so I force myself to lie there, and toss and turn trying not to wake up hubby. Of course I finally fall asleep probably between 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. and could then sleep till noon, but then I can't get all my ambitions done. I used to think sleeping was a total waste of time, but intellectually I know our bodies need it, so I need to get into a better sleep routine. I just retired 2 weeks ago so my routine and cycles are all off, especially since I just spent a week on the opposite coast in a different time zone.

Food? Eh, most of the time it's a pain in the butt and I would love to take a pill instead, but I would hate to give up my occasional splurges of chocolate, potato chips, and ice cream.
    Sue
    That’s totally how I feel and same here I would keep the odd treats but food yes a food pill would be easier

and yes it’s hard to drift off to sleep sometimes I feel like a computer and I don’t feel human and almost wonder if it would be easier if our brains where on a computer. I have solipsism to and free will worries so I fear I just live a life and everything is predetermined so yes it all feels pointless I worry I have no free will to make choices

I’ve had trouble with sleep for atleast 15 years or more becuase when I’m inactive I’m not able to live life I feel it’s wasted time I wish I could party all night or operate 24 hours like a machine life would be easier that maybe sleep once a month? That’s my ideal world

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information