Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep

Re: Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I’ve had trouble with sleep for at least 15 years or more becuase when I’m inactive I’m not able to live life I feel it’s wasted time
    13 years of which you've been posting here

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    13 years of which you've been posting here

Positive thoughts
    Yes my point is I use to stay up until 4am sometimes 5am and get by on little sleep until the bipolar thing happened and I got some meds which make me more tired

When I was in hospital I went a few days sleep reprived and felt I was on the way out it was a terrible experience

Update I still feel this. I really hate sleeping I hate how I can’t check social media or keep going with my day. I finish work at 6 have my dinner and before long I am going to bed it sucks. I do try and stay up to 2am at the height of my breakdown in 2016 I fell asleep at 10pm. Does nobody else hate sleeping round here?

Sleep used to be my thing until 2011. I could nap for a few hours in the day and still get a decent 8 plus hours in at night, and it was quality sleep with some nice dreams in with the usual anxiety ones.

Then it changed in 2011 starting with anxiety dreams taking total control over nice ones. Then the nocturnal panic attacks kicked in and I was having them numerous times a night until I realised that I had to get up and move when I had the first one and not try to lie there and go back to sleep.

I developed severe insomnia and questioned sleep disorders but tests showed otherwise. I say tests, I had one test which recorded my oxygen levels for obstructive sleep apnoea - which I knew I didn't have.

When I nap now's like I'm wired - agitated - it doesn't feel nice. I don't get that lovely decent into sleep I used to..

My dreams are directed by Quentin Tarantino or Stephen King - headless horses, me dying, falling, fainting, being sick - dreams which wake me up with a pounding heart.

Sleep used to be an escape for me - some time out from this world - but it looks like it's gone for good. I really miss it.

Phil, I have an incredible urge to give you a sedative.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Phil, I have an incredible urge to give you a sedative.

C’mon Nora. Don’t tell me that you didn’t think it too...

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    C’mon Nora. Don’t tell me that you didn’t think it too...
    No idea what you're talking about.

Would have to be a big bugger of a sedative.

I diagnose an entrenched case of FOMO and a need to stay in control with zero uncertainty.

I've got a case of that in my house too...

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sleep used to be my thing until 2011. I could nap for a few hours in the day and still get a decent 8 plus hours in at night, and it was quality sleep with some nice dreams in with the usual anxiety ones.

Then it changed in 2011 starting with anxiety dreams taking total control over nice ones. Then the nocturnal panic attacks kicked in and I was having them numerous times a night until I realised that I had to get up and move when I had the first one and not try to lie there and go back to sleep.

I developed severe insomnia and questioned sleep disorders but tests showed otherwise. I say tests, I had one test which recorded my oxygen levels for obstructive sleep apnoea - which I knew I didn't have.

When I nap now's like I'm wired - agitated - it doesn't feel nice. I don't get that lovely decent into sleep I used to..

My dreams are directed by Quentin Tarantino or Stephen King - headless horses, me dying, falling, fainting, being sick - dreams which wake me up with a pounding heart.

Sleep used to be an escape for me - some time out from this world - but it looks like it's gone for good. I really miss it.
    Yes I sometimes manage sleep ok and other times it’s a struggle. I often drift off about 3am anyway but I get worked up when it gets late and have to sleep. I know lack of sleep could make my anxiety worse

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information