Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold arm/hand episodes

Thumbs down Are these blood clot symptoms?

Hi,

My legs have been hurting me for months I am constantly massaging them or asking my boyfriend to. I've noticed my veins are very blue but I am pale. I am so scared of blood clots. I am also tired of my legs hurting. I asked my doctors if anyone thought it was a blood clot and got some laughs...I'm sure I threw it in at the end of my appointment for some other potential emergency. I really have been enjoying not going to the doctor for a few months I feel so normal. Any thoughts? I am a 27 year old female. I quit smoking two years ago...I am not on birth control. What else...I have parts of the day where I sit a lot but otherwise I'm very active. Unless my anxiety is bad and I spend the day in bed...noticing my legs and wondering if I'm causing clots by lying in bed haha.

I guess that's it...

Re: Are these blood clot symptoms?

I think blood clots are painful and quick aren't they?

Re: Are these blood clot symptoms?

I also have extremely aching/crampy legs and have had them for nearly a year now so I wouldn't worry about a blood clot as I'm sure I would be dead by now if it was that.

Weeks of Panic and Chest Tension

Hello!

I have been diagnosed with panic attacks and mild autonomic dysfunction because of low blood pressure. I had my first panic attack 3 weeks ago and thought it was a heart attack. Everything in my chest squeezed and everything went numb. They sent me home from that ER with "dehydration." I called my cardio and said I still didn't feel good and so off to my usual ER the same night and they said I was fine. Well...after that day I haven't felt fine in 3 weeks and I've lost my job and I'm not sure how to maintain relationships while also needing constant care. I have had adrenaline surges all the time, the head rush. the numbness, palpitations, left arm pain, and worst of all is the chest squeezing/tightness. If you google any of this it is bad. Which I do. I've been to the ER maybe 7-8 times in 3 weeks and everyone always says my troponin is good go home. Well, two days ago at my usual hospital I had a troponin i of .02. They said no heart attack and sent me home. I was devastated. The one thing I had going for my brain this whole time was my .01 troponin. I thought surely I had a tiny heart attack or was on my way and it was just taking forever. (I have no idea how they work as I have avoided the research) I went to another ER afterwards and told them of the constant pressure and squeezing in my chest for two days and and that I wanted to see my troponin. They didn't do a blood test they said, "two days ago they decided you were fine and sent you home." and i said "but the troponin was slightly elevated" and they didn't care or do a blood test. They gave me an anti acid. :/ Anyway my chest is still tight. If i go to the ER again my cardiologists are going to hate me. I have another echo/stress test in two days they have set up to reassure me as my cardiologists also aren't worried about the troponin. But I am worried! If I wasn't in constant pain I would try to distract myself but my chest is squeezing me and I keep thinking "this is it." I know I have terrible panic but can the squeezing last for days? My cardiologists have called my therapist to try to make a plan for me but I am still not convinced bc of how I feel. I want my life back.

---------- Post added at 03:28 ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 ----------

Also, the chest tension wakes me up early in the morning it's driving me crazy constantly thinking the worst.

Re: Weeks of Panic and Chest Tension

chest pain caused by anxiety can last for days. You will be woken up by it as your body is constantly tense

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 21:27 ----------

in a way it is better that the pain has lasted for days as my own dr said to me, if it were your heart that was causing the pain and tightness you would have been dead by now.

Thank you! That's a very good point.

You have been diagnosed with panic attacks and that is reason behind the rest. Initial panic attack happens when you are under long term stress involving fear. But it just a normal body reaction and is not a heart attack or not any other chemical imbalance. Since most people cannot believe this, their mind is preoccupied with the thought that there is something seriously wrong with their health and constantly scanning their body for any abnormal sensations. You keep yourself tensed and anxious which gives them chest pain and other discomforts.

Never makes the mistake of googling for the symptoms which will make it worse. If you must then Google panic disorder or anxiety attacks and how to overcome them. The point is to understand that you are healthy and the symptoms are because of the panic condition of your mind. Also the panic attacks are not dangerous and you don't have to be afraid of them. It may take sometime but soon you will realise this. But you must go in the right direction.

Thanks so much. It's very true. I keep getting left arm pain now that i have accepted the chest squeezing and i suppose my mind is playing tricks on me at this point.

Thumbs down Chest squeezing and left arm aches

I fainted a month ago after a night of drinking and now my life is hell. I have felt unwell since then and been diagnosed with panic and autonomic dysfunction/pots. I keep having episodes with adrenaline and chest squeezing and the last one the pain shot down my left arm. I have been to so many ER's lately my cardiologists have asked me seriously to stop going. Last episode felt like a heart attack with squeezing in my chest and really bad left arm pain and adrenaline. I was on the phone with my cardiologist at the time and she said stop panicking, take a benzo and watch some tv. So. No one at the cedars sanai women's heart center is worried about me and i know that place is good. My left arm hasn't stopped hurting since then and i get occasional chest squeezing. Other than that i have basic pots symptoms like fast pulse on standing and what not but that i know can't hurt me. i'm worried about the chest squeezing, a week of left arm pain and i have a weak pulse in the morning that weirds me out. i feel like my pulse doesn't always feel perfectly even or strong but at this point i don't know if i trust me.

Heart Failure?

Hello,

Spent the month in ER's at at dr's bc of some panic and pots flare. But, the last week my heart feels especially weak in the morning with no circulation/everything is numb. So scared we aren't catching something and it's making my heart fail but my dr's are exasperated with all normal tests. I'm hoping pots can be this bad and not cause heart failure. Or maybe my anxiety is just out of control. Maybe sleep apnea all of sudden? Any thoughts would be nice.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information