Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold arm/hand episodes

Thoughts about SSRI's and veins

I missed a couple doses of my luvox (ssri) and had very scary symtoms. My heart raced all day at 90 if i stood it was 120-138! i felt very dizzy and light headed and got weird jolts and zaps all over. i finally got my medicine and this went away.i have been told i might have pots in the past but it's not daily and it's always brought on by something weird like this. but none of my regular doctors feel comfortable officially labeling me as a pots patient.

veins! lately i've been more obsessed with them. they have become more blue and visible lately! i noticed during my luvox withdrawal they absolutely disappeared from my wrists! looked like i didn't have any veins. then i took the medicine and they've come back. but they are sooo prominent. what is this?! what causes vein visibility to vary and what could it have to do with all of stress and SSRI's. of course i think i have heart problems but i've been to 2 cardiologists this summer and a dozen ER's and everyone is certain my heart is fine. i'm not. but it's important to note the professionals all agree.

Re: Thoughts about SSRI's and veins

If you had Pots your heart would go faster than that and also your blood pressure drops.

As for the veins I am not aware of anything that would cause that but mine go thin and thick at times depending on how stressed I am so its probably stress upping your BP.

Unhappy Chest Burning, Weird EKG, and Negative Troponin

Hi!

I get flares of panic and anxiety this is my second one. 2 weeks ago I felt weird in my chest then had a panic attack. 3 days later i was in a car accident and had extreme adrenaline surges for 5 hours at the ER with crushing but my ekg there was fine. Two weeks later or more now i’ve had extreme panic and anxiety symtoms that I cannot shake and they’re freaking me out and i don’t believe my doctors anymore. I get shooting pains, crazy, adrenaline and panic attacks. I get all that. that’s anxiety. but there’s this new thing where I feel like there’s a band around my chest and up it and yesterday it drove me crazy for the entire day. I could barely fall asleep. I woke up 3 hours later and felt like my chest and back were on fire (like extreme) and I felt like my heart beat was so so weak. I called 911 and the paramedic did an ekg and said well you might have had a heart attack and of course I fell apart because this always been anxiety it’s not supposed to be real. they mentioned st depression. at the er i had perfectly normal tests and troponin was completely negative. my doctor said looks like you have a clean bill of health again and said to work on my anxiety. i’m laying on the sofa while my boyfriend sleeps after all that and for the first time in years in the name of living I googled. it seems as though my “weak pulse” and st depression make sense together. however it could not have been angina or a heart attack because of my negative troponin. can anyone chime in there? also, I thought burning in the chest was gonna be oh just anxiety and adrenaline even though there’s no surge it just sits in my chest and neck and left arm maybe even both shoulders...maybe even my face it just feels ever present. apparently that can be related to heart attack or angina which...i don’t have? my cardiologist is gonna be v annoyed I have bothered her last week and we left it on “there’s nothing wrong with your heart” but this is all confusing!

Re: Chest Burning, Weird EKG, and Negative Troponin

acid reflux/indigestion could cause it and definitely anxiety does.

Are you working on the anxiety as suggested?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I am doing my best to work on it but my heart feels so weak at times. waking up with my chest and upper back on fire with a barely there pulse and weak bad feeling in my heart after only sleeping 3 hours all the time is not helping.

You have had tests - it is NOT your heart. Trust in this and treat the acid reflux and above all the anxiety

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

thanks i’ll focus on that

shoot pains left arm, chest, jaw

hi! sometimes (especially after a weird flare up of panic when i’m feeling overstimulated) I will feel shoot pain in my chest, left arm and jaw. it generally happens when i’m feeling “worked up.” I am seeing so many doctors and getting like a third opinion from a cardiologist. I just don’t like that it comes with stress. is angina shooting pain? I hope not. I don’t feel safe. I also feel like I could be stimulated and blow up into a million pieces if a mouse sneezed. I feel like i’m made of electricity but in all the “heart places.” is this adrenaline or nerves? anyone with heart conditions feel this way or does this sound like an anxiety thing?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

weak heartbeat?

hi! I woke up today with what felt like a weak heartbeat. normally mine pounds and I can feel it so hard in my abdomen. the other day I woke up and felt that it was weak and called 911 and they said I had st depression but then at the ER the doctor said the earlier ekg was just find and the ones paramedics do have to be reinterpreted. tried to put it out of my mind and ignore all the anxiety chest pains. today I woke up and felt my heart was weak again! I get this weird bengay feeling all over as well which i think is anxiety but I made my boyfriend put his head on my chest and he had to adjust where his head was cause he couldn’t hear it. I know 100% it’s beating less hard but what I want to know is...is that okay?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information