Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold arm/hand episodes

Re: Raised/new veins

Quote Originally Posted by Iamnervous View Post
    Hello!

I have noticed when get in long flares of panic and anxiety that doesn’t have much break in adrenaline and bad breathing I get more noticeable veins. I have asked my doctors and cardiologists and no one bats an eye lash. one nurse was like yeah wow those are visible haha...but like it really scares me. i just had a perfect stress echo but when I get that overstimulated feeling my veins on my hands and feet just look wild. I guess adrenaline causes veins get bigger but like seeing new ones scares me! anyone relate? I guess the stress echo proved no blockages but i’m paranoid because I have anxiety. ��
    I don't know how old you are or whether you are a thin, average or a well covered body type, but older people with a thinner disposition, have more pronounced veins on hands, feet and ankles. Plus there is a hereditary component in this.

Also if you use your hands a lot or exercise a lot then your veins will be more prominent. I have some very raised ones on top of my feet and I walk a lot. Actually, I've never thought much about them... they've been with me for years! Completely normal

Re: Raised/new veins

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    I don't know how old you are or whether you are a thin, average or a well covered body type, but older people with a thinner disposition, have more pronounced veins on hands, feet and ankles. Plus there is a hereditary component in this.

Also if you use your hands a lot or exercise a lot then your veins will be more prominent. I have some very raised ones on top of my feet and I walk a lot. Actually, I've never thought much about them... they've been with me for years! Completely normal
    I'm not as active as I should be, but I'm thin, and I have prominent veins on hands, feet and ankles. I've never thought anything of them either, it's always felt normal. I have also noticed that exercising makes these veins show even more.

Re: Raised hand veins

Tiredness and dehydration can make vein's appear bigger, skinnies also have more prominent vein's as well.

thanks all! when i have flares of panic I always get new ones I feel like so it must be the equivalent to exercise.

I have always been veiny and to be honest associated it with being healthy! My dad is an ex professional footballer and he is the same, his legs are ridiculously veiny! Don't worry it's normal X

yeah my roommate has really veiny hands and arms and he’s not that much more tan but mine are so blue it feels like they’re right under there

my heart and body feel weak in the morning

hi! I recently had a totally good stress echo but I have trouble being reasonable when I wake up because i feel so unusually weak! I also used to be able to sleep in but sleeping in the mornings is impossible now. i’m not a morning person so this is very odd for me. i’m sure that’s mornkng anxiety but the weak feeling really creeps me out. i feel like i’m half on and i’m scared i’m not gonna make it. there are no more heart tests to be done and i’ve bad a second opinion. I just don’t how someone could feel so weak in the morning. I know heart failure would have shown up but my gosh I can’t believe i end up working. I try to massage areas that hurt and eventually I feel like my breaths get deeper and my heart starts to feel like I can feel it beating a little bit more audibly but so faint. anyone know why this is or relate? I have had extremel panic and anxiety for a month maybe over a month now. i’m hoping my nervous system is just exhausted.

Re: my heart and body feel weak in the morning

I have to have at least an hour to myself every morning to calm myself and start to feel even remotely normal. I am weak, shaken and often feeling really sick when I wake.

It’s also impossible for me to sleep past half past 8 regardless of what time I get to sleep, I am also not a morning person by nature but anxiety likes to change things up for me every now and again just to keep things interesting I think.

There is a reason scientifically speaking why our anxiety peaks as we wake but I can’t quite recall the names of everything to explain well enough.

Every morning I remind myself it’s just anxiety and it will pass and it always does.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

thank you so much mouse! I know morning anxiety is a very real thing you’re right I just have to remind myself it’s anxiety. it’s helpful to know your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamnervous View Post
    thank you so much mouse! I know morning anxiety is a very real thing you’re right I just have to remind myself it’s anxiety. it’s helpful to know your experience.

Take the time to relax through it, I have a routine in the morning of just lying and reading or browsing on my phone. Somewhere between waking and panicking I will be much calmer by 10:30 when my partner wakes. I know some people feel better if they get up and have a drink, I think finding your preferred routine will be the best bet. Don’t allow worry to build over how you will feel in the mornings or give it any thought once it passes, and it will - you already have proof of that.

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information