Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine Taper

Mirtazapine Taper

Hey everyone just back from seeing my gp and we have both agreed that the 45mg Mirtazapine is spacing me out too much so I am to start taking 30mg tonight and see him again in two weeks ,I've read lots of posts mainly horror stories about the awful withdrawals so I guess I'm just looking for some people that have been successful with a 15mg taper , I've only been on the 45mg since mid November so I'm hoping it should be a relatively easy taper .........

Re: Mirtazapine Taper

I guess a lot depends on what else you take. If you are on mirtazipine alone dropping a third would be a real hit.
    Normally 10% a week is tough enough. Can you try 10% for a week first doing giggly cuts of you supply. ?

Ive just seen my local pharmacist as cant get a doctors appointment and discussed with her about going to 37.5mg instead of 30 mg , she said that would probably make it easier than the whole 15mg drop

I went from 45mgs to 30 mgs in one hit and found it was ok. The problems I got was when I went from 30 to 15mgs, even though I did it very very slowly.

yeah - slower is definitely better - particularly when you get to the lower doses. My advice would be that, even though it feels frustrating as you want to get off the meds quickly, if you go too fast you could end up with months and months of issues. So there is no such thing as too slow! I would certainly advise going to 37.5 for 2 weeks at least, so your blood plasma levels have time to stabilize, and then if you are feeling ok, going down to 30.

Good luck!

Im two weeks today on reduction , i decided to stick with the 30 mg and feeling great so far , no more "hangover " feeling when i wake up , anxiety about the same , overall so far so good , im going to speak to my gp at my next appt about the next reduction maybe going to 22.5 for a while purely because ive read most people start to struggle when the drop goes below 30mg .

Give any drop time as it can take a while for a drop to register in the mind and can catch you out.

Week 7 doing great so far ,one more week to go then dropping to 15 mg , slightly anxious about this drop as ive read a few stories where people struggle with this one , trying to focus on the positives .

If you have 15 mgs tablets you could cut them in half and go from 30mgs to 22.5 mgs, wait for a while and then go from 22.5mgs to 15mgs. Better I think than going straight from 30 to 15.

Day two of reduction from 30mg to 15mg , feeling good so far , my gp wants me to stay on 15 mg for a while just to be sure im over the worse of the anxiety, time will tell i guess , but definately sure the coping strategies i learned through cbt and person centred counselling have helped thus far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information