Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirtazapine Taper

Re: Mirtazapine Taper

I would suggest your going too fast with the taper, it can take a while before the true affects will show so you would have been better off going 22.5mg then 15mg.

I'm sure you will be OK but I am just giving you the heads up as this is what I did,30mg to 15mg, and it went tits up after a few weeks but in the first week I was feeling great.

Day 11 from 30 mg to 15 mg , havent noticed anything different except im alot less tired and the dizzyness and tinnitus is subsiding at last x

Good to hear its going well just take your time at 15mg before you drop any more.

My gp wants me to stay at 15mg for a few months , im happy with that , i dont feel im ready to be off them altogether yet

Quote Originally Posted by smiley View Post
    My gp wants me to stay at 15mg for a few months , im happy with that , i dont feel im ready to be off them altogether yet
    Good call sounds like your gp knows his/her stuff.

Not sure how many weeks on 15mg i think maybe 5/6 , anxiety miles better than it was on the higher doses , sleeping all night , no morning anxiety , propranolol reduced to 10 mg at bedtime , so feeling really positive so far , im pretty sure the higher doses just weren't for me , im happy staying at 15 mg now i think ive found my stable dose , ive read some horror stories about dose reduction of this medication and i guess im one of the lucky ones that hasnt had a struggle with it .

That's good to hear, I guess we al react differently when it come to med changes.

Stick with what your happy with.

Not updated my post for a while .... sorry ..... so here i am almost 4 weeks into 7.5mg of Mirtazapine , dropped from 15mg on 2nd January , no side effects at all , anxiety is lower than it was on 45mg which proves my point that the higher dose was making me worse ! I have broken sleep every night but im now in whats known as full blown surgical menopause due to having a radical hysterectomy October 2018 due to Ovarian Cancer , which im now free of thank god ! Im going to do the 7.5mg up until the end of Feb then jump off completely, then begins the task of jumping off of my dose of 10 mg propranolol which scares me more than the Mirtazapine reduction has , will keep you all updated with my progress .
    Remember guys we are stronger than our anxiety we just have to tell it that .... xx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information