Thread: Birth Control Side Effects

Birth Control Side Effects

Hi all, I have been on a new birth control pill for the last month and have been feeling pretty cruddy. Some of the things I know are common side effects: nausea and headaches. But, over the past month, I've also been having bad acid reflux, digestion issues, and a sore stomach on and off. And today was the worst, really upset stomach (I was in the bathroom all morning), cramps, tight feeling stomach, and pain all day. I should be getting my period soonish, so maybe that's part of it. But is this normal for starting a new birth control? I've tried to go on the pill a couple times before (to help my intensely horrible cramps) but always get really hormonal and stop, but I've never had this bad of side-effects. Has anybody else had it this bad? Will it go away? Maybe I need a different kind of pill? Any advice, stories, or commiserations would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Re: Birth Control Side Effects

Hi
    Possible side effects. However if you suffer from anxiety you could be experiencing irritable bowel syndrome. How you getting on now?

Re: Birth Control Side Effects

Hope I don't sound blaming or anything, this is out of pure curiosity.

Why are you on the pill when you keep getting really bad side effects ? Is it only because of the pain, cause there must surely be another solution on that without feeding your body with hormones. As far as i understand its not especially healthy to be in a On-Off relationship with the pill, so if they also this time is causing problems I would something else.

Thread Information