Thread: My old fears of bowel cancer are clawing at me again

My old fears of bowel cancer are clawing at me again

Ugh... last year I had this huge scare due to bleeding from my bottom parts (Surgeon's diagnosis was - tear in mucosa). It cleared up after a few months with no significant recurrence (though my bottom did become somewhat sensitive to rougher toilet paper after that) so I think I mostly got over it. Then today I saw two small dark reddish spots mixed in my stool when I was wiping. I've been eating a lot of ketchup (at least more than usual) and red sauce (plus some red kidney beans...) for the past couple of days so the rational part of my head tells me "Mixed in food", but the little voice at the back of my head tells me "Cancer". It's horrible :/ The fact that I lost 12 kg since last May (though I started walking for 5-7 km a day and I've cut back on sweets and bread so I imagine it is accounted for and I do gain weight If I let "go" so probably unrelated. I do also have those infrequent pangs of pain below ribs from time to time but I don't have the best posture. Like I know all those things but whenever things happen my brain automatically goes to the "It's cancer mode" . I really need to see a psychoterapist because this is starting to seriosly affect my life :(
    Last edited by ZanVaelius; 29-03-19 at 12:28.

Thread Information