Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried about HPV/cervical cancer

Cervical cancer fear

Please help, I'm absolutely terrified and so stressed out. I've been having a really uncomfortable pelvic pain for the past few weeks. It started on the 23rd Oct, at first I put it down to ovulation pain (I normally get a similar feeling around two weeks before my period, I think this started happening when I came off bc pill a year ago) but it didn't go away. It's kind of low in my pelvic in the middle, not on either side, and it feels like it's heavy or inflamed. Anyway, went to doctors and they tested my urine, there were WBCs and blood in it so I was given antibiotics for a UTI. This seemed to clear it and for a few days I felt fine but now this feeling is back again I think it was around ovulation time again that the pain started up and I've noticed increased discharge as well. I've been reading up on cervical cancer (bloody health anxiety!) and am so so scared that I have it. I've been to my GP a few times and have been referred for an ultrasound scan and am going to have some swabs done. I'm just so stressed out and fed up of having this awful feeling. I'm 21 and haven't been sexually active for a year btw. Would really appreciate some advice.

Re: Cervical cancer fear

Quote Originally Posted by ellieAJ97 View Post
    Please help, I'm absolutely terrified and so stressed out. I've been having a really uncomfortable pelvic pain for the past few weeks. It started on the 23rd Oct, at first I put it down to ovulation pain (I normally get a similar feeling around two weeks before my period, I think this started happening when I came off bc pill a year ago) but it didn't go away. It's kind of low in my pelvic in the middle, not on either side, and it feels like it's heavy or inflamed. Anyway, went to doctors and they tested my urine, there were WBCs and blood in it so I was given antibiotics for a UTI. This seemed to clear it and for a few days I felt fine but now this feeling is back again I think it was around ovulation time again that the pain started up and I've noticed increased discharge as well. I've been reading up on cervical cancer (bloody health anxiety!) and am so so scared that I have it. I've been to my GP a few times and have been referred for an ultrasound scan and am going to have some swabs done. I'm just so stressed out and fed up of having this awful feeling. I'm 21 and haven't been sexually active for a year btw. Would really appreciate some advice.
    Hi this all sounds perfectly normal and none of these things are symptoms of cervical cancer. You may have pelvic discomfort due to a variety of causes and the ultrasound should give you reassurance. It's a good idea to have a smear test and HPV test too as a matter of course.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseMonkey View Post
    Hi this all sounds perfectly normal and none of these things are symptoms of cervical cancer. You may have pelvic discomfort due to a variety of causes and the ultrasound should give you reassurance. It's a good idea to have a smear test and HPV test too as a matter of course.
    Thanks so much for replying, I'm having a tough time atm so it means a lot! I'd read that pelvic pain/discharge are a symptom of cc so that's why i came to that conclusion :/ I was also reading stories from people with cc and their symptoms sounded similar to mine!! I hope the scan will help, in the meantime though I feel like my pelvis is on fire and I don't know what to do, I can't stop stressing

I feel your pain. I'm dealing with health anxiety and fear of cervical/endometrial cancer right now. I've been bleeding heaving every month for the past few months-- blood clots galore and brown spotting for days after my 8 day period ends! I had an ultrasound which revealed that my endometrial lining was super think and that i could have a polyp or hyperplasmia or something. googled it and it sounded kind of scary. They also thought it could be a possible blood clot. i got my period two days later, so it makes sense that my ling would be thick. I need to have a repeat scan after my period to compare the thickness of my lining. I pray to got i don't need a biopsy. God forbid I have cancer, I am hoping it was caught early enough to survive. I'm 39 and worried I am going to leave my 7 year old without a mommy. so depressed right now :(

Cervical ectropion/pelvic pain

I'm really worried and stressed right now, I can't think straight! Any advice/reassurance would be much appreciated!

I am 21 years old (UK) I started getting pelvic pain around the end of Oct, at first I assumed it was ovulation pain as I normally got that every month (ever since I came off bc 1 year ago) long story short I had an ultrasound and it showed I had a cyst on my left ovary but it was apparently shrinking on its own as the pain had gone away - I have a follow up scan in a few weeks. I also had some swabs done and it HURT at first when the nurse was doing it.. this worried md because I was sure it shouldn't be painful. (I haven't been sexually active in over a year btw) the nurse said she could see a small ectropion on my cervix and she also said there was discharge and my cervix was high up. This worried me because I stupidly Googled ectropion and it said it's hard to distinguish from early cervical cancer. Now I'm freaking out! I have been having a lot of discharge lately and I'm really worried.

It's now also around the time I ovulate and I feel like I might have another cyst as I'm getting similar symptoms.. could all these things be linked? Are cervical ectropions normal???

Re: Cervical ectropion/pelvic pain

I have this and I asked my gp yesterday about them looking the same and she said absolutely not. I also get crampy and I've been spotting but she's done an internal and taken a good look at my cervix and it's all apparently hormonal. I'm due to ovulate next week and I'm crampy now!

Re: Cervical ectropion/pelvic pain

So I have a cyst on my right ovary (just diagnosed last week), and my symptoms are that I feel pelvic pressure - not necessarily pain. But I think depending on the size of the cyst you can feel pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Increase in discharge

Please help me out I have major health anxiety and am very worried. I'm 21 yo and was recently diagnosed with an ovarian cyst and also a cervical ectropion.. I had been suffering from pelvic pain and had to have tests done (swabs and ultrasound) which revealed these. Recently I've noticed an increase in discharge.. I think I naturally produce a lot but I've become more aware of it lately and it feels like a lot! My pants aren't always soaking wet like but I feel like I'm producing more!!! What could be the cause of this??? I've been Googling symptoms (bad idea) and have worried myself sick.

Re: Increase in discharge

I get loads of dicharge more so since I’ve had my little girl �� hhad lots of test so learnt not to worry x

Re: Increase in discharge

Could you be ovulating or close to your period?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information