Thread: Worried about vulva itching

Unhappy Worried about vulva itching

Hi

Last weekend, I had some vulva itching that was pretty intense. I also was noticing that my discharge was white, a bit clumpy and had a sweet smell to it. So, I went to the doctor for it on Tuesday.

He told me it sounded like a yeast infection. So, I was prescribed two of the diflucan pills that are for yeast infection and was sent on my way. I have finished the pills, but I am still having itching down there on and off. I am experiencing burning as well. It feels like the skin down there is tender and burns from how much I have been itching.

I am really worried now it’s not a yeast infection and is something worse like lichen schlerosus or bacterial vaginosis. My discharge does not smell fishy or anything, but the itching worries me. I’ve had issues with itching down there for awhile on and off since December. The skin will also feel dry sometimes and just sore. Is it possible to have like an external yeast infection? It itches like on the inside of one of the labia “lips” a lot.

i am making myself so paranoid. I have never been sexually active. So, I’m not worried about a std. I just wish this itching would go away.
    Last edited by rachlexis13; 30-03-19 at 04:40.

Re: Worried about vulva itching

Sometimes these yeast (thush) infections can go on for ages, you may need some cream vaginal cream as well as oral tablets. Very often the infection is inside as well as on the outside.

Scared about vulva cancer

Hi

I am sorry to post again, but I am really struggling and need someone to talk to. I posted a little while ago on here about my doctor giving me a couple of yeast infection pills. The itching has still not went away and I feel just dry down there on the vulva. I also feel these little rough dots/bumps on the inside of my labia lip that are really itchy and I am very worried now that it is vulva cancer. Especially because the itching has not went away. They say that chronic itching can be a sign of vulva cancer along with bumps and now I am worried it is that.

I know it is not an STD. I've never been sexually active. I'm worried it is this now or something else like lichen schlerosus. My doctor never even gave me an exam so I am not sure it is a yeast infection. I cannot stop worrying about it.

I fee like this is something that will never go away. I see my doctor on Wednesday after work and I am so anxious for the results.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Depending on your age (or if you're pre-menopausal or beyond) it could be a lack of oestrogen and you may need some oestogen cream.

BV and Lichen Sclerosus aren't "worse" than Thrush, just different - one is an infection, the other is a skin condition, both can be treated.

It does sound like LS to me - in which case you will probably need a hospital diagnosis followed by treatment with steroid cream.

To me it almost sounds as though the skin has simply been irritated by scratching, causing persistent itching and little bumps.

I reckon the thrush set up an itch-scratch cycle and even though you no longer have the condition your skin is still irritated.

Some short term topical steroid cream should help. That would help if it is lichen schlerosus, too, although it doesn't really sound like that to me.

I had a lichen schlerosus type thing once and was put on heavy duty steroid cream which cleared it up permanently after a few weeks.

Thread Information