Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Huge fear of colon cancer...

Re: Scared of Colon Cancer

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

cancer worries..

Hello, i’m going to try to keep this short!

I am a 21 year old male, i am also a newley father to a 7 month old girl, and i have a stay at home job on the computer. Im 155 pounds and 6 feet tall, and have a shitty diet that has a lot of processed meats, but the last few months i have cut down on a lot of bad food and i’m slowly getting better. I mention this to give you an idea of my life duties.

I’ve had health anxiety for 3 years now, i’ve had nausea come and girl very rarely, but about 4 months ago i woke up randomly at 2am and vomitted quite a bit. 2 months after that I was so nauseous that i had to vomit but i just couldn’t. I also stated to develop some stomach pain in the middle, some days it’s not there and other days it’s intense. A month ago I had a random change in bowel habits, and become constipated. I’ve been constipated ever since then, i’ve seen my primary doctor and he prescribed me laxatives, which worked a tiny bit, i went back 2 weeks ago and told him that and he gave me a laxative pill to take, i had one HUGE poop after taking that and went back to being constipated basically. I use to have normal, brown poops, now I have tiny small dark brown poops that i have to strain out, sometimes i really have to push. A few days ago i went to a stomach doctor and i told him this and he scheduled me for a colonoscopy in 3 weeks. I mentioned colon cancer and he didn’t give me any reassurance, all he said was “yeah it could be”.. which does not help me at all.

Sometimes right away after eating i get stomach pain, and i’m mostly nauseous at night and morning. I also sometimes have sharp short “butthole” pains, which sting but go away quickly. Now i’ve started to get side pains, on the left and right side, that are sharp. I’m tired but that’s because of the baby i believe, i don’t get that much sleep, and last night I had terrible night sweats and woke up every hour soaked, and now I think my colon cancer has spread to my lymph nodes and at this point it’s basically too late to get any type of cure. I’m terrified of the colonoscopy because of both the surgery and the results. Has anyone else experienced any of this, I need some sort of help. My dream is to walk my daughter down the isle and i can’t die on her. Thank you for reading all of this and responding in advanced!

*update*

My poops are now long and skinny, and i’ve noticed tiny spots of blood on my toilet paper.. i’m 3 weeks away from my colonoscopy still and i’m freaking out they won’t catch it on time..

Re: Huge fear of colon cancer...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Re: cancer worries..

I have no idea why your doctor would say something like that to you. Given your age, there is a much bigger chance of this not being colon cancer. You might just have IBS C which causes constipation and may begin out of nowhere.

Please let us know what you get for your colonoscopy result. I am pretty sure you are fine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information