Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: colon cancer?

Re: colon cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by 48tce View Post
    gosh, those symptoms are all over the place!! were you not concerned ever over your symptoms matching something sinister? i guess not since you've had it for 13 years and have been ok. if it was serious and you waited that long you wouldn't be responding to me right now. do you ever get just one BM a day but the stool is really weird? like, not normal looking? i've been dealing with somewhat narrow, light colored stools and undigested stuff in it. also, can IBS cause stools to be narrower after passing a normal sized one?
    I believe my doctor, my normal has changed over the years and I’m sure will continue to do so. If you can think of a combination of weird stool I’ve had it, more than once. Undigested stuff is pretty normal for me - that being said even my partner with a healthy normal bowel has that sometimes too.
    Yep I have all sorts of shapes colours and sizes even when I’m not experiencing pain or other symptoms. I have no worries that I have anything other than IBS, even through my worst health anxiety I have managed to be sure of that, now that health anxiety has been beaten to a pulp and doesn’t get a say in my life I think about it even less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I only 'go' once a day as a rule, despite this though the 'contents' are erratic from one day to the next (i.e. one day it will be what I would class as a normal stool, then the next day it will have bits of food in it, then the next it will be half one shade of brown, the other half another shade and today it was normal but about two feet long!). TMI but they've never actually said it is IBS or not, but every test I've had seems to rule out anything dodgy going on (and I've had quite a few of those)

My symptoms are very similar to Mark1974 and mouse. I haven't done a colonoscopy because they won't do one on me given my age, and because according to them these symptoms are not very serious.

They started on January 24th after taking antibiotics. I also got yeast infection and anal fissure with all these which made my HA worse.

However, so far blood test, stool test, proctoscopy, etc could not find anything sinister. Doctors think it is just IBS or a sensitive stomach.

Hun, you are too young to be worrying about this. Just get on with your life.

And flush it before you can examine your poo. I have started doing the same.

again, thank you all for your responses. i'm waiting on my next doctor appointment so i can ask what they think. i feel like my anxiety has died down a bit, it's barely there. the only two symptoms of mine that scare me are narrow stools and a full feeling after going (sometimes.) i'm trying not to focus too much on it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information