Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm falling and I can't stop - feeling so scared now :-(

Re: I'm falling and I can't stop - feeling so scared now :-(

Right now I feel like I'm going crazy with anxiety and horrible thoughts. I was starting to calm down about my breast again, was even able to think logically about it but of course then I felt something else. I can feel a lump in my left breast now, and it's not in the usual place where I have been told before that I am lumpy. It's freaking me out and I don't know what I should do now. When I went to the doctor last week she very quickly examined that part of my breast but I hadn't pointed out to her then that I could feel a lump there. During my last visit she said if I was still worried in a week or two to go back to her and she'll refer me to the clinic. I know for anyone reading this I must seem mad, but this new lump is definitely there. Is getting a referral to the clinic my next step?

Could really do with some advice as I'm really spiraling. I'm so scared of the lump, which is not a perceived lump, it's definitely there. I don't understand how the doctor didn't feel it last week as it really sticks out. It's on my mind every minute of the day now. Is going back to the doctor for a breast clinic referral my only option?
    I have a job interview tomorrow and I know this is going to mess it up for me. I really want this job because the hours I work in my current job are killing me - I'm always exhausted.
    Every time I seem to calm down a little bit about it I go right back to panic again. I feel so scared and alone and terrified that this is not going to ever end....

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    I don't understand how the doctor didn't feel it last week as it really sticks out.
    In case you forgot....

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    You pointed it out, she felt it and its breast tissue. End of subject. Its your decision to take her word or pursue it a
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The lump that I pointed out to her last week was in my other breast and not the one where I can feel the lump now. I think I did accept that last week's one was breast tissue but I'm so worried about this new lump because she didn't feel it and so has not mentioned what she thinks it might be.
    I realise this might sound crazy for an outsider reading the thread - a lump in one breast, the doctor says it's tissue, now a lump in the other breast - but it's what's happening to me.
    I know that nobody here can say what this lump is or isn't, but what would a logically minded not HA person do here? Panic and go back to doctor or forget about it?

The lump that I pointed out to her last week was in my other breast and not the one where I can feel the lump now.
    The doctor examined both breasts and said she couldn't feel anything. I told her where I felt the lump on my other breast and she said she can't feel it.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I had an interview for a job today but I don't feel it went too well. And if I'm honest about it, it's because I've been so stressed and worried about my breast lately. I'm disappointed about the job but it's after making me realise something - I've had enough of HA. I'm sick and tired of being worried all the time. I've wasted so many years like this. I want my life back. So here's what I've decided:

I'm going to wait a month or two at least before I go back to the doctor about my breast. Some of you might think that isn't how to deal with it but for me it's a step in the right direction as I was going to go back to her this week. If I'm still worried in a month or two I'll talk to her about my breast, but also my HA.

I have a gyno appointment tomorrow where they will be inserting a camera and possibly taking a biopsy. I am very nervous but I'm just going to have to get through this one.

At the moment I can't afford private therapy. I know there are links on this website for CBT so I will go through them over the next week or so, pick which ones I think might be best suited for me, print them and actually start doing them. I know from reading here that recovery takes a lot of time and work but I'm prepared for it.

Sorry for the long post but I feel it's helping me to write down what I must do in order to get my life back.

I'm still terrified of tomorrow and terrified of my breast, but until something has been diagnosed them it's just HA.
    If anyone has any advice on what I should or shouldn't be doing I'd love to hear it. I'm just trying to guess what my road to recovery will be but I know that journey could change many times before I get there ......

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You've given yourself excellent advice already, but be prepared for a difficult and bumpy ride. Following what you've written is the challenge you face. You will need every ounce of determination you have because unpicking years of bad habits and compulsions isn't going to be quick and easy.

That being said, I think a person needs to reach a point where they have had enough of being controlled and driven by their anxiety. Realising that seeking reassurance has no end and no amount is ever enough. That it's a mug's game. That dying every day can never be better than the illness we fear we might have. Than the end itself.

You have made a start. Don't look back in fear. Focus on your way forward - and good luck

Never Surrender, Comrade

Well today wasn't the best day I've ever had. I had to have a hysteroscopy today due to extremely heavy periods. The doctor said she found a polyp in my uterus and I have to go back to get it removed. I will need a general anesthetic for it and it won't be done for 2 months.
    My anxiety is sky high now over that. They also took a urine sample and said they will send it off to be examined because it was cloudy. And of course my breast anxiety is kicking off again, can't stop feeling the lump now and thinking the worst.
    Does anyone know what exactly uterine polyps are as I don't want to google it?
    I really wanted to start sorting myself out but I just feel like I'm a complete mess now over all of this.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Does anyone know what exactly uterine polyps are as I don't want to google it?
    I really wanted to start sorting myself out but I just feel like I'm a complete mess now over all of this.
    You should start a thread in Female Health issues Forum.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Starting a thread in the Female Health Issues Forum did cross my mind, but then I was reminded by Elen at the start of this thread to keep everything in the one thread so people can get a better picture of what's going on with someone.
    Do I just start a new thread asking about polyps in the Female Forum but then continue everything else on this thread?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information