Thread: probably irrational fear-fear of lead dust/anthrax or asbestess poisoned ebay item?

probably irrational fear-fear of lead dust/anthrax or asbestess poisoned ebay item?

I found arcade butons on ebay for a price, I negotiated a price and won. I was happy to receive my buttons for my arcade machine today. I was I already knew these were pulled from old machines and obviously they had some dust on them. I opened the box and I smelled what can only be described as a atic, driwall, and dentist office. I automatically had the anxiety spiral out of controle starting to what if, what if what if. What if they got angry at me for getting the items for cheaper and sabataghed the item with something, what if they came out of fludded machines or were in a place that had asbestos or what if I get poisoned from the soldering on the leads I already touched and what if it all gets into my system from breathing it and removing the old solder with plyers later?
    I have bought from this seller before what if they got sick of me. What sould I do if this is just anxiety after all? I'd hate to avoid this seller all over some stupid anxiety or OCD getting in the way and ruining it for me!

Re: probably irrational fear-fear of lead dust/anthrax or asbestess poisoned ebay ite

probably irrational fear-fear of lead dust/anthrax or asbestess poisoned ebay item?

Probably?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: probably irrational fear-fear of lead dust/anthrax or asbestess poisoned ebay ite

Take it easy warrior, sounds like you bought a few buttons off a machine that has been setting in storage for quite awhile. Collecting dust...

This is a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo84 View Post
    This is a new one
    No asbestos then as it's not permitted to be used in machinery parts and FORGET about anthrax, that exists only in your mind.

thanks everyone! I am fine two days later its weired the stuff anxiety will do to ya. I sometimes feel like the anxiety will attack worce whenever something exciting is going to happon! arrg dealing with this one step at a time and showing it who is boss!

Thread Information