Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Heartbeat in left ear

Re: Heartbeat in left ear

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Helen you are an adult and can decide on your own if you need to see a doctor or not.

We will say no you don't need to but you won't listen to us or believe us.

If you continue to ignore us then we are going to start ignoring you to be honest

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by helenhoo View Post
    It's more I feel it in my ear that hear it. Right at the back where ear drum is. Should I go docs to be checked out? I've had random headaches various locations today.
    You (and your therapist if you see one) should set very specific, rules on what has to happen to make it ok for you to seek medical opinion. I do not mean what kind of symptoms either. I mean actual rules - like how long between appointments, provable illness (like a fever 100+ for example) etc. Setting these rules was one of the very first things my therapist and I settled on when I started therapy. If you do that, you'll never have to wonder if you should or shouldn't go. If you don't have a therapist, perhaps we can help you decide on what rules you'll follow.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    If you continue to ignore us then we are going to start ignoring you to be honest
    Unfortunately this won't happen, which is why Helen continues, and actually appears to be considerably cleverer than those who are trying to help her.

Helen - this is very normal. You’re stressing and worrying making your anxiety worse. Which are causing new symptoms.

Don’t know if it’s just me ,but few years ago my health anxiety was very bad, and I wouldn’t listen to anyone who told me my symptoms were completely harmless. I was constantly googling and asking people for reassurance then going to pharmacy , and doctors.
    It’s an awful state to be in , so she probably isn’t listening as she’s in a bad way.
    I do hope she gets all the help she needs.

From what I've been able to see, Lajaca, this has been going on for years. Helen's been told all this before but refuses to acknowledge the advice she's offered, much less actually act on it.

Further to our thread which you can find here which we would like you to read in the first instance....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...ns-please-read

Secondly, If you find this thread annoying or feel that the OP is being discourteous and you start to get frustrated with them not appearing to take your advice on board then we uge you to step away from this thread and click onto the unanswered threads link on the forum home page ........Then we would ask you to reply to some of the threads that go unanswered while people are replying to this thread and getting frustrated. These members, whose concerns are just as important (sometimes more important) as this thread but never tend to get replies as members concentrate on the constant posters on the forum so can honestly feel so completely ignored that they never come back to NMP as they feel no one really cares about their problems when they see threads with lots of replies.

Isn't it better to reply to someone who would be genuinely thankful that you have taken the time to reply to them rather than someone who doesn't? You will feel so much better in yourself that you have helped someone who will actually take on board what you say and thank you than you would replying to this thread..

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thank you all for the replies. I'm now worried because I have a headache on and off at base of skull left side now and then and few days I have nausea

Brilliant comment about the unanswered threads, I try and have a look every other day using that function and it is sad to see those who have ZERO replies and really appreciate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Brilliant comment about the unanswered threads, I try and have a look every other day using that function and it is sad to see those who have ZERO replies and really appreciate them.
    Thank you for that Carys, it means a lot to people to get a reply from someone when maybe they wouldn't normally..... even if it is just a "I don't really have any advice for you but just wanted to let you know I read your thread and hope someone reads it who has advice for you... good luck"

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Yep, and also........having myself in the distant past started a couple of threads, which had like 60 odd views and not one reply.....it makes you start to worry. I know people posting already feel isolated and scared, and seeing that people are silently reading and have nothing to say, not even a comforting word is really upsetting.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information