Thread: Started taking on Monday

Started taking on Monday

I had a breakdown on Monday after suffering panic attacks and anxiety regarding health and dying everytime I leave the house. On Monday I couldn't go to work and went straight the doctors who's given me 2 weeks off sick and prescribes citalopram. I'm not really depressed, it's just the anxiety and thoughts I can't cope with anymore.

This is the third day now, and I honestly don't know if to stick to it. I feel awful. I'm so tired, everytime I yawn I feel sick, I'm not very hungry, headaches and I just feel like I'm detached from everything.

I go on holiday on the 15th and don't want to be like a zombie for then.

Will this get better? I'm scared I will die of the medication now.

Re: Started taking on Monday

You won't die, this is just an adjustment period. It shouldn't take too much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilychazza98 View Post
    I had a breakdown on Monday after suffering panic attacks and anxiety regarding health and dying everytime I leave the house. On Monday I couldn't go to work and went straight the doctors who's given me 2 weeks off sick and prescribes citalopram. I'm not really depressed, it's just the anxiety and thoughts I can't cope with anymore.

This is the third day now, and I honestly don't know if to stick to it. I feel awful. I'm so tired, everytime I yawn I feel sick, I'm not very hungry, headaches and I just feel like I'm detached from everything.

I go on holiday on the 15th and don't want to be like a zombie for then.

Will this get better? I'm scared I will die of the medication now.
    Hi Emily

How are you going these days? I hope things have improved and that you’re feeling better. We started around the same time and although I had to switch meds along the way, I’m feeling significantly better than I previously did.

All the best

Rich

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Hi Emily

How are you going these days? I hope things have improved and that you’re feeling better. We started around the same time and although I had to switch meds along the way, I’m feeling significantly better than I previously did.

All the best

Rich
    Pleased to read this, Rich. Keep up the good work

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Pleased to read this, Rich. Keep up the good work
    Thanks for your support KK, it’s always appreciated. Feeling relatively good, just struggling to get the motivation going. I kinda
    feel like I’m just going through the motions but don’t have much interest in doing anything particularly. Have you heard of this or experienced anything similar yourself?

Cheers

Rich

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by RichW View Post
    Thanks for your support KK, it’s always appreciated. Feeling relatively good, just struggling to get the motivation going. I kinda
    feel like I’m just going through the motions but don’t have much interest in doing anything particularly. Have you heard of this or experienced anything similar yourself?

Cheers

Rich
    Definitely had lack of motivation and flat mood with these meds. Sometimes it will linger for a few months before subsiding but is still better than suffering with debilitating anxiety/depression.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information