Thread: New here, medication change

New here, medication change

The doc has decided to take me off 30mg of mirtazapine as it has just seemed to make my anxiety unbearable and my depression a lot worse to the point I am no longer functioning. I still take 20mg of citalopram but this seemed to stop working so mirtazapine was introduced. The doc wants me to come off the mirt and up my citalopram to 40mg. Was meant to drop my mirtazapine to 15mg last night and I chickened out so now I'm sat here regretting it. I'm worried that the citalopram won't help even if I up it x anyone had any success with doing this?

Re: New here, medication change

I'm terrible for taking my meds, but I know I'm meant to. If the doc has reduced you to 15mg you should take it so the body can taper and get used to the reduction. Citalopram do work, they take a while, even after upping them. I'd follow what the doc says to be honest. It's easier said than done at times but I think it's key to getting better ... at least in my own experience with anxiety and depression.

Hang in there Dan, it will get better.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: New here, medication change

Thank you for replying. Yeah I think it's best to do what the doc said. She just said it shouldn't have made my depression worse after 4 weeks. Do you know if this can happen if I'm not on the right medication? Thank you for your support x

Thread Information