Thread: So worried I cannot get out of bed!

So worried I cannot get out of bed!

I have missed two days of work this week and am worried that tomorrow’s doctor appointment will result in a cancer diagnosis for which I will need more sick leave. It all started last week when I got what I thought was a yeast infection with my period, my second in as many months. I first started down a path of vulgar cancer, diabetes, etc. then on Monday I woke with a bad lower back ache and at first thought it was because of how I slept. But I googled and ovarian cancer came up. Since then I have felt bloated, definitely nauseous, and just despondent. My back ache is gone but the gastro struff remains. I want to believe my anxiety has caused these symptoms but I am certain it is ovarian cancer. I cannot tell my husband because I just had a colon cancer scare in January and he will just be mad, not sympathetic. I have a dr appointment tomorrow morning and I am petrified. I basically had to crawl back in bed today after putting my kids on the bus and practicing breathing to make the nausea go away. I feel like the back ache and bloating/indigestion are clearly OC symptoms and I am so worried. I don’t know how I will make it to and through my appointment.

Re: So worried I cannot get out of bed!

My back ache is gone
    Cancer symptoms don't come, and then go, once they start. They persist and wosen and worsen.

Bloating and indigestion are very very very common and non-specific symptoms. Are constipated? Eating too much fiber, which can cause excess gas/wind, thus cause bloating? Don't even know why I'm asking because imho this is clearly anxiety-related, as it started after you read about ovarian cancer.

Are you taking anything, or seeking any help for your health anxiety??

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Re: So worried I cannot get out of bed!

So, went to the doctor this morning and have two infections...she thinks. My back started hurting again, but I had an ultrasound so I know there is nothing wrong in my lady bits. As I was waiting for my prescriptions I kept thinking, "well it must be kidney or bone cancer then" and then immediately began worrying over my kids and brain tumors (no reason, it is just where my mind goes all of the time. HA is a beast and it is almost like I am afraid to get help because I feel like help equates to missing something dire. Like I have to be on high alert and therapy/meds will change that. I hate this. HATE IT.

Help talk me down....please.

Hi,

A few weeks ago I was having lower back pain and some tummy pain. I thought/feared OC. Doctor checked me and diagnosed possible infection and did ultrasound of ovaries (all good there). Now on antibiotics and taking probiotics to combat antibiotic ick. I keep getting some sharp pains/aches in my tummy/left and right. So, now I am fearing Pancreatic Cancer. I want to believe it is gas even though it is not down low where I normally get gas. This year already I have had tests for colon cancer (blood with stool), OC, and a DVT in my leg. Everything was ok, but now I am fearful this is what it has been this whole time.

I have "ordered" blood tests to take in a lab to measure my liver and pancreas function. I have not paid for them yet and they are just sitting in my cart. I feel like if I do this I can catch the pancreatic cancer earlier than if I wait for my body to really feel bad. Like I am more attuned to these aches and should do something now rather than wait until I am doubled over and it has spread. BUT, I do not want to feed the beast and start running tests outside of a clinical setting. BUT, I do not want to make another doctor's appointment. BUT, I want to try to catch it as early as I can. BUT, I feel like my body is telling me something and these aches are a precursor to spread of pancan.

What do you do in times like this? It would be so easy to just order the tests, go to the lab, and get the results. I worry if I do not take action when the ache/pain is small it will spiral out of control. HELP!

Re: Help talk me down....please.

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    What do you do in times like this?
    You were diagnosed last week and are on meds. They make you feel yucky. It's as simple as that. I would seek real life help so that you don't catastrophize and spend on unnecessary tests and live with irrational fears.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by travelgirl77 View Post
    What do you do in times like this?
    Get help for the anxiety! I have been in your exact shoes - spiraling further and further. It's a horrible place to be. Find a therapist in your area and start going. That was the only thing that saved me from myself.

Thread Information