I've got to have a psychiatric assessment.

Not sure what to make of my doctors decision. I welcome it, but I feel like I'm really in a bad place now to get this far.

Today I got a letter saying I've been removed from surgery for failing to attend appointment. I didn't fail to attend, I re booked it over the phone a week ago and write the wrong day. I thought my appointment was tomorrow. I've been telling everybody here it's Friday. I honestly thought it was. I already missed it.

I called surgery upset, and angry. She told me she needs to speak to practice manager and she's not available until next week so she can't reverse the decision.

Then I flipped. Because many here know I need this help right now. I'm in a bad way and accepting help and I'm willing to do this. To kick me from the surgery now is the wrong time. The lady didn't get it. So I explained all my issues to her, how I can't even leave the house!

I demanded to speak to my doctor. My doctor called me back later today. He was ticked off with me that I demanded to speak to him. He was quite brash and harsh at times and I literally said to him listen doc, I feel like you have a problem with me, you never seem willing to listen to what I have to say except give me meds and push me out the door. I am screaming for help. I need this so much but all you ask me is "how do you want me to help you?".

His response to me was a psychiatric home assessment. He made the referral there and then. I don't know know when they're coming. He said they will phone me to discuss. He then said he thinks I shouldn't see him again and I should see another doctor.

Confused. Baffled. Don't know whether the psychiatric assessment was because of how I acted and he could sense I wasn't right. I really don't know anymore. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I feel like I'm going off the rails.

Psychiatric assessment meaning I may just get the help I need though.

I'm not insane. Everybody else is.

Re: I've got to have a psychiatric assessment.

Crossing everything for you. Hopefully it was your GP getting the push he needed to get you the help you really require.

Thanks BlueIris. I'm pretty excited to have the chance to get a full evaluation so they can try to find the root cause of the problems and I can begin to actually work on the problem parts. Just reading the NHS site for information on what it entails. I've had them before, but under emergency circumstances, but this isn't an emergency one (at least not in the sense that I'm at risk).

You know what will be nice. When I can wake up one day without fearing my health, or dealing with panic, and I can look out the window of a morning and actually smile because I want to

Oh, there's some good news. I've been offered a job as a technical writer for a large software development blog. So today I've had 2 bits of good news

I'm not insane. Everybody else is.

Ohhh, congratulations on the job - that's awesome!

Thread Information