Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many?

Re: How many?

I haven't been diagnosed because the local MH services are dismissive and don't think I'm worthy of their help, but my therapist is convinced of it and my symptoms are a pretty good match.
    This is the result of an emotionally abusive relationship.

astray

Nice to see a PTSD sub-forum. I don't remember this being here the last time I was here. Nice thread as well and add me to the list too. I've been diagnosed several times over the years by doctors and therapist with PTSD. Funny thing though, I always thought nightmares were just a common thing everybody had from time to time. Never knew it could be PTSD related until I found out with the help of therapy what was causing them. Suppressed memories sure have a funny way of bubbling to the surface. Anyway, doctors prescribed Prazosin for me a long time ago and it's helped every since then with my nightmares.

Hi All,
    Ive been on the Health Anxiety forum for a while now. I’ve dealt with depression and anxiety for forty years. With the death of my husband I’ve finally come to see that he emotionally and psychologically abused me throughout our forty year marriage, which is likely at the root of my anxiety, etc. I’ve now been diagnosed with Stockholm Syndrome and ultimately complex-PTSD.

I’m a bit of a mess but am inching forward. I’m doing Neurofeedback therapy. My counselor thought it was a better choice for me since I have so many traumatic experiences that haunt me.

The hardest thing for me are the setbacks. I work so hard at getting better. Then, my psyche brings up a memory or trauma Nd I have to emotionally purge again. This causes all kinds of body quirks and health anxiety.

The other thing that is really hard for me is that my husband turned several of my children against me. I’m almost 60 and I want to be with my grandchildren. My children let me do that, but I’m not always treated well in the process.

That’s my summary of messy me.

I have C-PTSD from childhood trauma, and depersonalisation/derealisation was one of my main symptoms. I had this symptom (dp/dr) for 18 years straight, not one minute of those 18 years without that symptom, it just varied in intensity. I also suffered health anxiety since I was a kid, up until I actually got cancer (endometrial) last year (now gone). I feel the health anxiety is gone, and I was cruising along nicely, until I had a melt down the other day wondering how to live with the checkups and wondering if a recurrence will happen (I have a very low risk as it was such an early cancer and completely contained). But I feel I'm not doing so well now, as I've been plunged into surgical menopause (and I'm only 41), but thankfully I can take estrogen, so I have a patch, but apparently balancing hrt can take a long time. Anyway...
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 11-02-20 at 01:00.

Snowy,

I think our hormones being affected in any way can make our mental health so much worse. When I've been pregnant or post-natal my mental health has been horrible, meno is worse, I can imagine. I'm so very glad that you're cancer free. You sound as though you've been through a lot. I hope you find your balance soon. Xx

I am diagnosed with PTSD much later than I should have really been. Its tough going, I understand how hard it is to live and re-live some of those horrid memories from time to time. Fair play to you for going on to studies to help others, that is a great goal to have, wtg,

Ugh that's so ****ing lovely. Thank you.

I was diagnosed late too. Xx

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

i have C-PTSD due to being abused as a child and adult

to you all!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information