Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many?

How many?

I'm not asking for stories or specifics or anything triggering, don't worry, but I wanted to ask for a show of hands to see how many (or rather how few) of us there are? Official or unofficial diagnosis.

I have C-PTSD, which was fairly late in its development considering the timeline of trauma. I'm also going to university this year to study psychology with counselling with view of helping other trauma survivors!

Emma xx

Re: How many?

I'll be the first Emma

I don't but I will point out various members have mentioned they have. I think AntysVee will be on this board when she is back on as she has asked about a board like this. She talked about PTSD and the articles talking about how it's more common than we know but is less diagnosed. She made some very interesting points across various threads about this.

I've also known a long term member of NMP with PTSD but she has since left.

I have PTSD due to my being raped in my late 30s and then from being abused and molested as a child over a long peroid of time, I am thinking, reading the definitions of complex and PTSD mine should have been diagnosed at C-PTSD.
    Last edited by Pkstracy; 22-09-19 at 19:41.

I have C-PTSD,went to Perth for CPT and EMDR.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I don't but I will point out various members have mentioned they have. I think AntysVee will be on this board when she is back on as she has asked about a board like this. She talked about PTSD and the articles talking about how it's more common than we know but is less diagnosed. She made some very interesting points across various threads about this.

I've also known a long term member of NMP with PTSD but she has since left.
    Yes, sorry I missed this, but I am diagnosed with C-PTSD, GAD and depression. I’m just a trifecta of fun, what can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1 View Post
    I have C-PTSD,went to Perth for CPT and EMDR.
    How did you like the EDMR, if you don’t mind me asking?

Hi Antsyvee

I found it quiet hard going at first because I entered the program with a negative mind towards it,but after 12 sessions I started too see and feel the benefits, I personally believe that it is worth a try.

Thanks for the info. It's on my to-do list. I'm hoping it'll help with my dreams. I'm pretty much fine during the day time, but my dreams are haunted. I've tried some sleep therapy techniques, but I haven't found the relief I"m looking for.

Not me personally, but my partner was diagnosed over a very difficult 18 month period. At first it was considered C-PTSD but she was eventually diagnosed with DID about 18 months ago and we finally got her into an extensive therapy program (5 years minimum) about a year ago.

Causes were childhood abuse, rape and the final trigger was almost dying during the birth of our second child in 2014.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information