Thread: Roof of mouth

Roof of mouth

Hi,
    I have this weird spot thing on the roof of my mouth and I'm really worried. It's been there off and on for nearly I year I'd say. I always pick it off cos I don't worry over it if its not there. It went away for a while after I picked but now it's back and I can feel it.
    Does anyone know what this could be. So worried about mouth C.
    Thanks

Re: Roof of mouth

Unless you're over fifty and a heavy smoker or drinker, it's probably just the roof of your mouth. Quit picking it, at least until FMP comes along because he's more qualified than I am to give advice on this sort of thing.

Thanks iris. It's definitely a spot, I've looked at it with a torch before and it's like a tiny pimple darker than the rest of the roof. I am an ex smoker, and although I've always gone out on a weekend a drank with friends I think my drinking is worse at the moment. I use it to help with my anxiety but realise I need to stop this. I also had hpv which is another thing that freaks me cos of its link to oral C :( but I was clear of it last year and only has it a couple of years before my body cleared it. I remember a doc saying hpv related cancers the person usually has it many many years before it causes a problem so trying to cling to that. But yeah, the spot is back and I am spiralling :(

I have one that comes and goes on the roof of my mouth. It used to scare the life out of me, but it's been there for years now and it doesn't seem to have done anything particularly frightening so I'm pretty much confident it isn't anything too awful. That said, I try to keep my tendency to pick it in check because of certain (probably nonsense) theories I've read about persistent inflammation to an area encouraging cancer.

Yeah I've read that theory too. I do need to try leave it alone. I'll get it looked at by the doctor but I am scared to go. It hasn't got any bigger, or painful or anything like that so hoping it's just something minor

Thread Information