Thread: Citalopram users needed!

Citalopram users needed!

Hello everyone!

So I've been taking Citalopram 10mg, mainly for anxiety but also depression, for the last 16 days and it's been up and down. The first 11 days were pretty difficult with the side effects but then days 12, 13 and 14 were pretty good. I had minimal anxiety and felt level and positive, it was really nice! However, last night and all of today has been the worst I have felt since starting these tablets.

I started getting really weird stomach and and abdominal aches and felt really nauseous and tired last night as well as feeling really irritable and low. Then I woke up today feeling awful still. I feel like I haven't woken up properly and I've felt really heavy, faint and a bit trippy too. I went to the doctors earlier and found it hard to take in what was being said as I felt really out of it and anxious and had this feeling that my limbs were twice as heavy as usual. For the rest of the day I've just felt tired, faint and a bit out of it. And I've had this unstoppable hunger for the last few days which just won't go away.

I feel really deflated about this because its happened so fast, one minute I was feeling good and starting to think that they were kicking in early then this happens! I'm not going to ask to be taken off of them or anything like that, it's taken me five years to find the courage take these and now that I have I plan to see it through.

I guess I'm just looking for some reasurance and encouragement from some of you guys that have been through the side effects and have come out the other side...I'm not sure if what is going on right now is normal or not!

Re: Citalopram users needed!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Have a read of the hundreds of posts about this in the sub-forum I have moved this thread to.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You will have these peaks and troughs until the med settles and this can take 4-6 weeks. Accept that this is the med's 'adjustment period' and not anything to be concerned about.

As you say, it's taken courage to accept you need help, and you've taken positive action.

I would also recommend self-help CBT/Mindfulness therapy alongside meds if you're not currently doing so (links can be found in Therapy Forum).

Good luck

Never Surrender, Comrade

Thread Information