Page 102 of 228 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2272

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Don't dogs' lives also matter?

And every other animal in the world?

(All partly said in jest).
    Absolutely! I'm a dog lover so they get priority over cats for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Cats Lives Matter.
    Another stupid footballer. The fine won't bother him but at least they are taking them away. Needs a ban on keeping animals though.

A pack of ugly rugby league a rse wipes used a bow and arrow on 2 pelicans and only copped a small fine for killing them.
    Throw them amongst a few crocs I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    A Pint Of Cider And A Large Bag Of Ready-Insulted Condemnation, Please….

Anti-statue campaigners have sparked outrage by calling for the public to boycott Thatchers - claiming it has links to slavery.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/outrage-after-countering-colston-campaigners-6626979?recirculation_test=true

Many long-established major businesses and organisations in Britain have some connection with historical unpleasantness. Should they all to be vilified into contrition then out of existence? Ah, yes, nothing less than the cancellation of Britain would be the only acceptable outcome for the historically and hysterically offended.

Or possibly even due to the name 'Thatcher's', as it will probably remind people of the former UK PM of the same name and inadvertently trigger them?

What I find most ironic is that the UK's terror threat level was downgraded yesterday from severe to substantial, particularly despite all the ongoing uncertainties about the situation between Russia and Ukraine, though I'm not really sure as to whether or not said situation directly poses any specific threat to the UK.

Also the threats from existing nemeses such as ISIS still haven't gone away.

Also, where were the protests from the Birds' Lives Matter activists during the recent culling of certain birds infected with Bird Flu?

Yet people attempted to give Starmer a right pasting in central London the other day following Boris's 'Savilegate' thing!
    This thing with Saville has been doing the rounds for years now so I doubt it bothers him. There have been other scandals where Starmer has sat back and nodded with his leader so I'm surprised Boris didn't raise them instead. I guess it comes back to him being provocative as has been writing columns in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    A pack of ugly rugby league a rse wipes used a bow and arrow on 2 pelicans and only copped a small fine for killing them.
    Throw them amongst a few crocs I reckon.
    Sounds good to me, Lola. I hate it how abuse of animals is considered such a low offence. If you mistreat animals I think there's a good chance you mistreat people too.

Or possibly even due to the name 'Thatcher's', as it will probably remind people of the former UK PM of the same name and inadvertently trigger them?
    It's all tied up in a protest group, with a couple of MPs, trying to bring down some old fashioned trade group. Square Traders, Rotary Club, etc in other places. The boss is in it so it's his turn for the usual boycott and cancel nonsense.

The trade association was once upon a time connected to slavery. Like pretty much everything everywhere in the world was. But there are concerns being raised about their connections throughout local society. They defended the Colston statue so they would be a target. Colston was a member of their association.

As Pain demonstrates, we wouldn't be able to buy anything unconnected. We can't change our roots.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    This thing with Saville has been doing the rounds for years now so I doubt it bothers him. There have been other scandals where Starmer has sat back and nodded with his leader so I'm surprised Boris didn't raise them instead. I guess it comes back to him being provocative as has been writing columns in the media.
    As deplorable as Savile's misdemeanours were (and still are), he has been dead for over a decade now so has no longer since been a real-life threat to anyone, so how about focusing more on issues that are more relevant to the present time instead, including bringing current living sex 'predators' to book, and also helping to reduce the likelihood of future sex 'predators' of Savile's ilk evolving?

I know I'll probably get shot down in flames for stating the above, but no offence is intended to anyone.

As deplorable as Savile's misdemeanours were (and still are), he has been dead for over a decade now so has no longer since been a real-life threat to anyone, so how about focusing more on issues that are more relevant to the present time instead, including bringing current living sex 'predators' to book, and also helping to reduce the likelihood of future sex 'predators' of Savile's ilk evolving?

I know I'll probably get shot down in flames for stating the above, but no offence is intended to anyone.
    Boris could have chosen that against CPS big hats since they did nothing to stop or prosecute the grooming gangs. Or the Antisemitism going in under Corbyn where Starmer did nothing. The former might have been seen as going too far, it's a very raw situation, but the latter is proven regardless of moving on.

But it's just politics. They like to sling mud. You are totally right to say focus on now and the future but politics seems as much about sticking it to each other. No workplace would operate like the Commons does. Nothing would ever get done.

Boris was inflaming the morons. He was wrong. Just as Raynor was doing the same not long ago with her scum remarks. Grow up the lot of you!
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 10-02-22 at 15:58. Reason: Typo

Page 102 of 228 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast

Thread Information