Page 117 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2272

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    It's knife crime that's the biggest problem in the UK..
    Yes I know.

But I've noticed (touch wood) that even that seems to be getting less media attention lately compared to 2018-19 when reports of it seemed to be at their height.

Perhaps (as well as likely doing porridge) a lot of the really bad thugs have now grown up a bit, and/or the media in general have opted to keep reports of knife crime lower-key due to the potential cycle of 'copycats' and the so-called 'deviancy amplification spiral'?

No matter how flawed and manipulative Amber Heard is, it must be awful to be so hated. I know that actions have consequences but the level of vitriol is shocking. I don't think that there are any "winners" in this case. It's just been a ghastly show trial. I don't get how JD can muscle in on Jeff Beck's tour either. Why not just lie low for a while?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    No matter how flawed and manipulative Amber Heard is, it must be awful to be so hated.
    She chose her actions, P. She chose to abuse JD and she chose how to conduct herself in the courtroom. Just as she is still choosing not to take accountability. This flack she's experiencing on social media is the consequence of her choices. She's upset a lot of DA victims, and not only women..

I know that actions have consequences but the level of vitriol is shocking.
    Some people go too far on the internet, for sure..

Re the 'microwave the baby' thing? This appears to be a stolen story - as seems to be the pattern with AH. Amber is a dab hand at recording things so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for her to have evidenced this? It's screen grab, right? Easy to do. To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence for this. Just AH on the stand saying things for dramatic effect but which are not necessarily true. Elaine said it during the trail and on TV but then (in court) she stood there wafting around 'the' colour corrector set that Amber is supposed to have used to cover up her 'bruises'. Unfortunately for AH & Elaine, the company called AH out on her BS with a statement that this particular product wasn't released until 2017 (AH filed for divorce and a restraining order from Johnny in May 2016) Oops! Hence Amber was forced to change her story to, 'Well it wasn't this exact one'.. (wasn't what you testified to, mate)

I don't get how JD can muscle in on Jeff Beck's tour either. Why not just lie low for a while?
    Why should Johnny lie low? He's been given his life back and his ex-wife has been proved to be a husband beater and a liar (and not for the first time as she has form on DA - only it was her wife)

Apparently JD was in Manchester with Jeff Beck last night and good luck to him I say..

If anyone should be laying low it should be Amber and her shambolic lawyer, Elaine..

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    She chose her actions, P. She chose to abuse JD and she chose how to conduct herself in the courtroom. Just as she is still choosing not to take accountability. This flack she's experiencing on social media is the consequence of her choices. She's upset a lot of DA victims, and not only women..

Some people go too far on the internet, for sure..

Re the 'microwave the baby' thing? This appears to be a stolen story - as seems to be the pattern with AH. Amber is a dab hand at recording things so I imagine it wouldn't be too hard for her to have evidenced this? It's screen grab, right? Easy to do. To my knowledge, there isn't any evidence for this. Just AH on the stand saying things for dramatic effect but which are not necessarily true. Elaine said it during the trail and on TV but then (in court) she stood there wafting around 'the' colour corrector set that Amber is supposed to have used to cover up her 'bruises'. Unfortunately for AH & Elaine, the company called AH out on her BS with a statement that this particular product wasn't released until 2017 (AH filed for divorce and a restraining order from Johnny in May 2016) Oops! Hence Amber was forced to change her story to, 'Well it wasn't this exact one'.. (wasn't what you testified to, mate)

Why should Johnny lie low? He's been given his life back and his ex-wife has been proved to be a husband beater and a liar (and not for the first time as she has form on DA - only it was her wife)

Apparently JD was in Manchester with Jeff Beck last night and good luck to him I say..

If anyone should be laying low it should be Amber and her shambolic lawyer, Elaine..
    Whilst I don't condone online hatred and vitriolic comments, I can't help thinking that it's a case of 'karma' and 'facing the music'!

Catkins was at the Manchester gig so that will have been interesting for her..

I haven't been following the trial in depth-just saw some of that awful US live feed from the courtroom. Surprised they didn't get Vanessa Paradis on board as a character witness.

I don't know anything about the pair of them but just think it's all very grim. I can't help thinking of Caroline Flack and what happened to her. Can't be great to have a psych diagnosis announced live on TV for "entertainment" whether she asked for it or not.

The concert was really good! Jeff Beck is an amazing guitar player and Sharon Corr (from The Corrs) was the support act and I really enjoyed her too. Johnny Depp was also there and was on stage for about half an hour, singing and playing and then came back on for the encore.

To be honest it was really odd seeing him when for the last week of the trial I'd sat watching him in a suit in a court room. To be honest when the story first broke about the DV I was terribly disappointed in him; I'd always believed he was one of the 'nice guys' of Hollywood who had experienced a not great childhood and as a younger person had mental health issues but had worked hard to build a successful career etc. I'm not a Jack Sparrow fan but he's made some good movies over the years.

So I had kind of been keeping an eye on the trial prior to getting Covid and I was really conscious that I might have a bit of long standing bias towards JD so I really tried to be open minded. I even went searching the Internet for pro-AH stuff to try and be more balanced. Honesty, she couldn't lie straight in bed if she tried. She was very calculating over a number of years, gathering what she thought would be 'good' evidence but was easily disproved under expert examination. I had no idea that experts existed in some of the fields. So anyway I agree with Nora and hope that JD can recover from this.

As to JD's singing .... he's not the best. But apparently him and Jeff Beck have been really close friends for the past 5 years and have an album coming out together next month. So I guess that's why he's doing the shows, he had to get permission from the judge to leave and do the tour I read. I kind of feel that it shows that Jeff Beck is a pretty nice guy to be doing it all. To be honest the crowd gave a pretty positive response to JD, especially as my husband said that the majority were 'silver-tops' or 'semi silver-tops', including ourselves, who had absolutely no idea he would be there when booking the tickets.

You do seem to follow these controversial celebs around, Catkins!!
    The latest person my husband is talking about wanting to see is Ricky Gervais, I think he likes that his latest Netflix offering was a bit controversial. Oh and we are seeing Frankie Boyle, although he is a bit tamer these days. I think he likes a bit of drama!

Glad you had such a good time, Catkins and I know b*gger all about JD's history so need to be educated! I have a friend who is a huge JD fan and she has been saying the same as Nora and yourself so I stand corrected and will shut up about stuff I don't know about! Sorry for any offence caused.

I imagine that RG tickets are like gold dust? My daughter and I used to go to Jimmy Carr warm up gigs in a 50 seater venue in N London where he'd bring out his list of gags and go through each one with us for a yes or no verdict. It was very clinical! Then he'd mingle with us all afterwards for a chat. He was pretty famous then but not like he is now. He was very unassuming and friendly.

We saw a lot of Russell Brand during the Sachsgate scandal as well. I think your husband would have enjoyed that!

Russell Kane is a good gig choice too.

Glad you had such a good time, Catkins and I know b*gger all about JD's history so need to be educated! I have a friend who is a huge JD fan and she has been saying the same as Nora and yourself so I stand corrected and will shut up about stuff I don't know about! Sorry for any offence caused.

I imagine that RG tickets are like gold dust? My daughter and I used to go to Jimmy Carr warm up gigs in a 50 seater venue in N London where he'd bring out his list of gags and go through each one with us for a yes or no verdict. It was very clinical! Then he'd mingle with us all afterwards for a chat. He was pretty famous then but not like he is now. He was very unassuming and friendly.

We saw a lot of Russell Brand during the Sachsgate scandal as well. I think your husband would have enjoyed that!

Russell Kane is a good gig choice too.
    I was watching something with Russell Kane the other day - he was very funny. I will take that on board. 😀

I haven't been following the trial in depth-just saw some of that awful US live feed from the courtroom. Surprised they didn't get Vanessa Paradis on board as a character witness.
    VP and Winona Ryder gave a written testimonies in the Sun trial and I can't remember if these were shown in this one? VP was married to Depp for 14 years and said that the man described by AH was unrecognisable to her. WR said the same. Kate Moss was called as a witness is because AH mentioned her by name because she claimed (under oath) that Johnny had pushed her down the stairs. Kate testified that this never happened and that Johnny was never violent to her. Her deposition was short and sweet and AH gave her the daggers throughout..

Before people make a judgement on JD and AH, I would recommend that they do watch all of the trial and also some YouTube channels which have constantly been shut down by Amber's people for telling the truth. One was mentioned in the trial (That Umbrella Guy). And another, Popcorned Planet, where people who knew JD and AH - such as a lady who lives in the same building that AH & JD Depp lived in. She knew them both and was able to debunk a lie of AH's re James Franco and the lift. AH had said that Franco was in that lift with her going 'elsewhere' but this lady demonstrated via video that the lift only went to the penthouse suite. Stuff like that and which the jury never got to see..

Mainstream media are generally biased towards Amber because JD being a 'wife beater' has their narrative for the last 6 years..

I don't know anything about the pair of them but just think it's all very grim. I can't help thinking of Caroline Flack and what happened to her. Can't be great to have a psych diagnosis announced live on TV for "entertainment" whether she asked for it or not.
    Absolutely, but it also can't be great to have an ex-wife - someone you once loved and thought that they loved you - spin such horrific lies about you, calling you a 'monster' and dragging your children into those lies. What if Johnny had committed suicide? He's had to cope with this lie for six years. But I'm glad he didn't give her the satisfaction because she would totally have spun that as him not being able to live with what he'd done, right?

What happened to CF was very sad. But she did whack the dude round the head as he slept. He tried to help her too, as did JD with AH. JD said that he cut his own finger off to protect Amber. That's what people do when they love someone. They protect the abuser. They protect the people around them. they protect everybody except themselves..
    Last edited by NoraB; 07-06-22 at 07:06.

Page 117 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast

Thread Information