Page 124 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2274

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud! Is there’s nothing else for it? Shall we have to watch the BBC? Wait! Don’t do anything rash. There’s this wonderous box of tricks – the PVR – the one piece of modern tech almost worth the money. Record all the programmes we actually want to watch and whizz through the adverts (and still fall asleep).
    I wouldn't mind so much if we got the class of advert that we got years ago..

Hovis: 'When I were a lad I had three bread rounds and I had to help Mother wallpaper the front room before I cycled 136 miles to school' (them were the days)

Or Peter Kay's John Smith adverts (ave it)

Flake adverts? My dad like those. (Flakes and the advert)

Hamlet photo booth? Gregor Fisher and his comb-over? Hilarious!

Doesn't reflect well on them, that mirror...

Common as muck..the lot of 'em.

It's hard to concentrate on what's being said with all the talk of whips..

Now I'm having visions of Johnson oiled up and wearing latex chaps..

MAKE IT STOPPPPPP!!

Sir Cliff Richard treats Wimbledon Centre Court to rendition of ‘Summer Holiday’ (msn.com)

Cliff's at it again. (I thought they paid between 80 and 100 million for a roof to make sure that this would never happen again?)

No offence to Cliff fans... I like a bit of early Cliff meself (and that one he did with The Young Ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Feeling The Pinch...

... in a private members place?... Are the press simply groping for a headline? Were whips really involved?

Boris Johnson is facing a backlash over the promotion of his ally Chris Pincher’...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ncher-warnings

‘”And absolutely witnesses should be able to come forward”’...

‘“Conservative MPs need to take a long hard look in the mirror”’...

Phew! what an odd old place, that House of Commons, eh?
    He has been our local MP since 2010.

Mind you, many people in our borough seem to be rather blase about politics in general these days. Very good at bemoaning the state of the area but not very good at actually getting off their backsides down to the polling stations on election days to vote for alternatives.

Instead they seem to harp on about stuff like 'them pesky foreigners' (despite the borough being a predominantly White British population) and the desecration of the 'old' town under past Labour councils and govts in the 60s.

Whilst I agree that the latter was and still is very sad, continuing to vote for the folks in blue won't bring back the 'old' (pre-60s) town, plus many folks in red, yellow, etc, today probably also lament the loss of the 'old' town.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sir Cliff Richard treats Wimbledon Centre Court to rendition of ‘Summer Holiday’ (msn.com)

Cliff's at it again. (I thought they paid between 80 and 100 million for a roof to make sure that this would never happen again?)

No offence to Cliff fans... I like a bit of early Cliff meself (and that one he did with The Young Ones)
    Thank goodness he wasn't wheeled out for the Jubilee..Surely Sir Rod Stewart was enough of a torment to endure?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    He has been our local MP since 2010.

Mind you, many people in our borough seem to be rather blase about politics in general these days. Very good at bemoaning the state of the area but not very good at actually getting off their backsides down to the polling stations on election days to vote for alternatives.

Instead they seem to harp on about stuff like 'them pesky foreigners' (despite the borough being a predominantly White British population) and the desecration of the 'old' town under past Labour councils and govts in the 60s.

Whilst I agree that the latter was and still is very sad, continuing to vote for the folks in blue won't bring back the 'old' (pre-60s) town, plus many folks in red, yellow, etc, today probably also lament the loss of the 'old' town.

Hopefully Pincher will be booted out as an MP and will be free to indulge in his "interests" away from the glare of feigned respectability? Tamworth could soon be a media hotspot, Lenco!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Thank goodness he wasn't wheeled out for the Jubilee.
    He was saving himself for Wimbledon..

Cliff's doing well for 81, I have to say, but he is starting to look a bit 'turtle'?

I'm really not keen on him..especially after all the rumours..Even though he was cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Hopefully Pincher will be booted out as an MP and will be free to indulge in his "interests" away from the glare of feigned respectability? Tamworth could soon be a media hotspot, Lenco!
    Hopefully for the right reasons, to promote our fab castle and the actual 'good' things about the area, which by far outnumber the 'not-so-good' things.

Having said that, I'm sure Michael Fabricant, the (Tory) MP for neighbouring Lichfield was also involved in some 'scandal' fairly recently (can't remember exactly what), but he's also an odious to55er in his own right; all talk and very little in the way of actual 'action'!

Page 124 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast

Thread Information