Page 175 of 228 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2273

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Don’t You Eat That Yellow Snow!...

A yellow snow warning for some parts of Britain has been issued for this Wednesday....

The whole of the UK can expect temperatures to plummet in the coming days with the arrival of a wintry storm called the 'Troll of Trondheim'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/met...last-week.html

‘Troll of Trondheim’... why? Oh hang on, it’s because the weather has to have a name these days and it’s coming from Norway and it’s going to be really nasty and horrible... apparently. Bearing this in mind as well as that warning headline, also beware of melting snowflakes... they’re wet and miserable.
    Is this the trendy new name for the 'Beast from the East' then?

I've become increasingly miffed by this trendy buzzword naming of events over the past 20-odd years or so, whether it's weather-related (e.g, Storm/Hurricane 'insert name here', Beast from the East, etc), bug/virus-related (e.g, Norovirus, Swine Flu, etc) or economic/financial related (e.g, Credit Crunch).

Even 'snowflake' has increasingly become a pejorative buzzword in itself over the past 8 years or so.

It's been largely speculated that the current Strep A epidemic is partly (and ironically) a consequence of the Covid lockdowns in 2020 and early 2021.

I'm intrigued to know if Strep A also affects adults, but my dad said he thinks it's mainly (unvaccinated) children as far as he's aware.

Also what happened to the Monkeypox, Hepatitis and Polio outbreaks that the media were previously putting the fear of God into us during the early summer of this year, let alone Covid for the previous 2 years or so?

As for so many, many infections, there is no effective vaccination for Group A streptococcus/Scarlet fever.
    Has there been any news about adults being adversely affected, and could it possibly warrant any lockdowns/restrictions?

If so, have the authorities been caught napping once again over this and inadvertently failed to learn from Covid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Has there been any news about adults being adversely affected, and could it possibly warrant any lockdowns/restrictions?

If so, have the authorities been caught napping once again over this and inadvertently failed to learn from Covid?
    I'm still waiting for answers.

Adults have usually had it as a child. I don’t think there will be lockdowns as the drugs to treat it are already here. I think it’s possible they will provide antibiotics to more children though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-63912116

The thing about Elon Musk is that he thinks outside the box. He's a very clever bloke, and this is why he's the world's richest person. But he has the people skills of a wheelie bin.

There's nothing new in jobs-that-humans-do being replaced by robots, but there are ways, Elon. (And it doesn't involve turfing ya cleaners out three weeks before Christmas with no severance pay).

Bloke's a dick.

A veritable clever dick.

Bin Dietin’...

This junk food is just too good to refuse and it’s a wheelie, wheelie cheap way to eat.

As supermarket prices soar, some Britons are hunting out food that would otherwise go to waste... This often involves crawling head-first into a wheelie bin and washing bin juice off packets’....

https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...away-groceries

Here are some great ideas for scavenged scoff:

Lamb à lîsterià,
    Steak salmonellà surprîse,
    Beef au botulîsm,
    Crêpes clostrîdîum,
    Pîzza with E. colî and norovîrus topping...

For folks who don’t live near shops, rural roadkill is also a fine source of free food. Rabbit écrasé is my favourite.

Bon appétit!
    Bon appetit?

God I feel sick now after reading that, both literally nauseous and also disgusted at the current state of affairs, though I don't really want to get bogged down with all things politics tonight, especially as I'll get indigestion and windipops! (LOL)!

Pain's post should be taken with a literal pinch of salt, Lenco.

I think frogs legs may be off the menu for England fans tonight though? There may be a few croques up for grabs post-match though and plenty of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Pain's post should be taken with a literal pinch of salt, Lenco.

I think frogs legs may be off the menu for England fans tonight though? There may be a few croques up for grabs post-match though and plenty of pain.
    I did eventually happen to see a bit of a funny side to it, having thought it over a bit later on.

I do now think that Pain was very creative in his/her post about wasted food in bins and giving it a French angle.

Page 175 of 228 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast

Thread Information