Page 192 of 228 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2272

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

It’s been an absolute circus hasn’t it as you say, if it has to be, it will at least give the family closure from the horrendous uncertainty they have been enduring.

Ghost…Spillways

The social commentary will still continue though, I reckon, from people wanting to relate to NB and telling their own stories/comparing notes with others overly invested in this case for whatever reasons. Also publicly slagging off the partner/family/friends when no one knows what the true circumstances are..They just think they do.

While this is indeed a very sad story and may well end tragically, what is so special about it that it warrants this level of media coverage? People go missing all the time and barely get a mention in the local media let alone national.

It puts me in mind of Holly and Jessica in 2002. Wall to wall coverage and even went international. Yet two boys from Solihull, Birmingham went missing in 1996 and received little attention. They've never been found but didn't come from a 'good' family.

I think one of her supposed close friends had media connections? Friend of Dan Walker hence the C5 interview. "Dodgy" partner (condemned on social media), mum in her forties who is glamorous yet vulnerable...Someone who can be "identified with" even though no one knows what was going on in her life or in her mind..

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    While this is indeed a very sad story and may well end tragically, what is so special about it that it warrants this level of media coverage? People go missing all the time and barely get a mention in the local media let alone national.

It puts me in mind of Holly and Jessica in 2002. Wall to wall coverage and even went international. Yet two boys from Solihull, Birmingham went missing in 1996 and received little attention. They've never been found but didn't come from a 'good' family.
    I think those boys were actually from Castle Vale area of Birmingham, and were dubbed the 'Milk Carton Kids', even though I only found out about them retrospectively and don't remember the original events first hand.

Also (and please excuse my pedantry), Solihull isn't actually part of the city of Birmingham, it's a neighbouring (West Midlands) metropolitan borough in it's own right, despite many of its settlements still sharing the 'B' postcode prefix and the '0121' dialling code, though that's a debate for a whole 'nother thread.

Plus there was the Maddie McCann case in 2007 that was also overplayed to similar levels and still continues to be brought up and heavily debated some 15+ years later.

As for your first paragraph, I reckon it could partly be due to the media going through a bit of a post-pandemic anti-climax as far as mega critical news articles are concerned and attempting to 'big up' whatever events suit their agenda right now, warranted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Is Education Going To The Bogs?...

Teachers lose control as pupils go potty pushing for the right to pee and poo in the middle of classes.

Children ‘riot’ in schools across UK in protest at toilet rules sparked by TikTok trend’...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...ss-uk-29307040

We don’t need no defecation
    We don’t need no bladder control
    No toilet training in the clarsroom
    Teacher leave those loos alone
    Hey! teacher, leave them bogs alone

Actually, what is at the bottom of this? Is it 1) a piddling little problem or 2) a great big stink? Maybe it’s a paper shortage...? Or could it be kids wanting to skive off lessons and brag about it to all those other similar skivers on TikTok?
    Thank God I left school 30 years ago in July this year. Teachers were just as inhumane back then when it came to toileting rules and many other issues in general, and this was long before TikTok and social media in general. If I was there now I would probably end up doing something mega crazy as a form of rebellion and end up getting arrested for it.

Kids today have no respect? My backside!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Boris Urges Much Closer Ties...

with Americans, reportedly saying...

“f*** the Americans!”

He made the remark after being urged to support moves by Rishi Sunak and the EU to solve Brexit problems in Northern Ireland – which are supported by the US President.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2289792.html

Ah yes, this must be all part of the deal “To ensure this country's healthy trading intercourse with foreign markets...” according to that expert in trade and commerce, Bertram Tracepurcel.

Or did Boris mean: do unto others that which they will do to you, given half the chance...?
    I can sense a bit of irony and indeed contradiction there from Boris.

I can't understand why that loser still keeps sticking the knife in and failing to accept that he's now consigned to history, especially as he screwed up countless times during his tenure as both PM and Mayor of London.

He's hardly setting a good example of respect as a politician by so blatantly F-bombing either.

So another Brexit deal? Will it ever be settled until we rejoin the EU? Seems the never ending news story.

In the news today cineworld have no buyer yet so maybe another chain going under. Wilko at risk too. Maybe this recession is hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    So another Brexit deal? Will it ever be settled until we rejoin the EU? Seems the never ending news story.
    I can't remember whether it was you or James (WiredInCorrectly) who admitted a couple of years back to initially supporting Boris and Co but had eventually changed mind when Boris and Co's true colours were finally realised.

I was also tempted to ask James (WIC) this same question in reply to one of his posts in another thread earlier today, but somehow didn't in the end.

Page 192 of 228 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202 ... LastLast

Thread Information