Page 30 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Can anyone enlighten me on when "surrender" became "dangerous language"?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    The Birmingham office of Jess Phillips has been attacked today by some loon shouting fascist at the place. Did he get the wrong office? He's been arrested. She also said her London office has the phones off due to nasty calls. Brexit dragging on is inflaming this but also is the attitudes of politicians in winding people up whether through language or their frustration policies.
    The problem is that the combatative speech of the PM and others emboldens the knuckle draggers out there !!!

I watched the comments on joe cox , it was low to bring her into it and i think there was a lot of melodramatics from the opposition , i like Boris , seems to want to get the country together again. I don't know how he is wrong for using the word humbug , ******** to brexit is applauded which baffles me more and is very offensive .

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    The problem is that the combatative speech of the PM and others emboldens the knuckle draggers out there !!!
    Yes, they feel they can do what they want because it is being endorsed by the important people. It falls to the authorities, including politicians of all stripes, to condemn these idiots and the law to firmly slap them down back into their boxes.

Sadly, we have a problem where we have people on all sides tearing strips off each other in public and so it's just sparking the tinder. It's one reason we need Brexit over.

Quote Originally Posted by feelthelove View Post
    I watched the comments on joe cox , it was low to bring her into it and i think there was a lot of melodramatics from the opposition , i like Boris , seems to want to get the country together again. I don't know how he is wrong for using the word humbug , ******** to brexit is applauded which baffles me more and is very offensive .
    That's true FTL. Both sides are guilty over all this. The Lib Dems used that offensive slogan which was purely inflammatory to the opposition and they knew it. Only a few days ago a senior Labour front bench MP, Emily Thornberry, compares the Lib Dems to the Taliban.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Can anyone enlighten me on when "surrender" became "dangerous language"?
    When it's said by the side the accusers disagree with?

You have to laugh when the EU president very recently appointed a minister to keep EU values from being eroded by foreign cultures. She had a massive kicking over that so just changed the job title...the job stands though

It's everywhere at the moment. We seem to be back in the days or "with me or against me". UK Tory MP's are making remarks at EU officials and EU officials are being derogatory or dismissive of UK MP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Start printing
    Luckily we will never be short of toilet paper if the Andrex factory blows up, we can just revert back to the good old days when we used the newspapers and now we really have a major supply of the stuff

This is why we must stop the rise of online news, you can't wipe your bum on a screen. Screen wipe makers would see their stocks go through the roof though I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    And it also means the other side retaliate as we can see here with what looks like a lovely bit of libel by The Independent:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/brexi...cid=spartanntp

I don't think inferring his campaigning was a cause of a murder is helpful or factual then suggesting he would commit a mass shooting.

The way to calm down is to stay calm, not go all in. At least that's the training I always had working in complaint environments.

This is why we must stop the rise of online news, you can't wipe your bum on a screen.

DAmned good reasoning !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

This is why we must stop the rise of online news, you can't wipe your bum on a screen. Screen wipe makers would see their stocks go through the roof though I suppose
    Funniest thing I've seen for a while Terry, well played

Page 30 of 228 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread Information