Page 40 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Iman was the last of her kind in Malaysia. The Sumatran rhino is now extinct in the country.
    Really sad. RIP. What a beautiful rhino.

I hope they manage to breed more them and perhaps they may even be re-introduced by future generations?

That's real sad Terry

This is one you gotta blame the Chinese for. Ever wondered where the word horny come from? Look what it's done.

Yep, Charlie. When will they ever stop enabling poaching?

One of the massive drawbacks of globalisation and getting everything cheaper is the decimation of the wild areas of this world. Look at the poor Orangutans losing their habitat for cheap palm oil. And the cattle in the Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yep, Charlie. When will they ever stop enabling poaching?

One of the massive drawbacks of globalisation and getting everything cheaper is the decimation of the wild areas of this world. Look at the poor Orangutans losing their habitat for cheap palm oil. And the cattle in the Amazon.
    here here

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/court...cid=spartanntp

Senior Met Police officer Novlett Robyn Williams spared jail for possessing indecent video of child
    Disgraceful sentencing by the judge. She is surrounding by a social worker sister and husband who have also been involved in this. Up to her neck in it and gets a slap on the wrist when most would be in jail.

Yous guys see what's going down in Iraq? Now it's not just Sunnis protesting against the Shia government.

We have them democracy and all the government does is plunder the oil reserves for personal profit.

Yeah Saddam Hussein weren't a nice chappy but none of them South American and Asian dictators is either.

We got a lotta blood on our hands all cozza lies from Bush and Bliar. Thousands of dead civilians and hundreds of dead and mutilated yank, Brit and Aussie soldiers. Plus beautiful old antiquity buildings destroyed. For what purpose.

Sad day yeterday but some great reactions from the general public to it.

Today I have been reading about the Banker Culture that has crept back in since the crash of 2008, there were meant to be things that would be put in place so that Banking never events could never happen again but they are still not playing a level game in Banking.

Deutshe Banke in London paid golden Auf Weidersehens to executives in 2018 totalling £50million
    Standard Chartered CEO was unhappy when Shareholders didn't vote through his salary package of £6million including a 40% PEnsion contribution when staff further down get 10%
    Santander CEO is going to sue his bank for £100million based on the deal based salary he had prior to being ousted
    Credit Suisse is sueing UK HMRC for £239 million it paid in the post crisis Bankers Bonus tax as unfair
    Nationwide CEO got a £1million bonus when Nationwides profits dropped from 977 to £833 million

Bank of England is continuously advising the new Challenger banks that have emerged in last 10 years to not repeat the same mistakes that the big banks did during the crash but easily sourced commercial loans amongst these banks have hit £2 trillion and find these banks relying on CLO's Collateral Loan Obligations where as the last crisis was attributed partly to the rise of CDO's Collateral Debt Obligations !!!

Boris Johnson, economists argue ( and they argue a lot ) , is not really giving enough attention to the fact that Brexit is a risk factor to UK banking alongside the huge Italian deficit ( could they go the way of Greece ) , China_USA trade war, Us recession and an expectation that OPEC oil prices will rise sharply in 2020 as Iran takes an agressive stance on its dealings with the West

its all good fun

Those members of the public on the bridge showed bravery and prevented further harm and deaths. Good call by the police to shoot the guy too.

And now we will get the old "lessons will be learned" garbage trotted out. Another terrorist living in my neck of the woods and I wonder how policing is affecting in terms of money when the capital is where all the focus always is.

An example of those that cannot be reformed. It raises the question of how you balance justice and liberty with protection.

How does someone travel so far with an electronic tag without someone asking why he is going to the capital? Shouldn't the technology be able to flag that up? If not I would like to now why considering my local ALDI picks up when I've walked past the place from my phone!

When a guy come at yous with a knife, you gotta upend him by diving for his lower legs. Ok if you got time and got practice doing it. Them poor victims never had time. Here he'd of had a semi-automatic what is baloney there ain't such thing it's an automatic all yous do is one small tweaks

Speaking of headlines, I thought this one was interesting... Apparently it was "easier to be thinner back in the 1980s". It's easier for our parents to lose weight than for us.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab

Page 40 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread Information