Page 44 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Police officers in retreat to avoid being murdered. The police has been politicised and is no longer able to enforce the law in some parts of Britain.

Police officers attacked and cars smashed in illegal Brixton street party clashes

And a serious disturbance at a hotel in Glasgow today where asylum seekers are believed to be staying. BBC haven't yet confirmed as to whether or not it may be terror-related though.

Seems like this country's suddenly gone raving mad over the past month or so.

First it was desecrating 5G masts, then BLM protests and desecrating statues, then terror-related stabbings in Reading last Saturday, then tumultuous mass gatherings on beaches, in parks, and certain London areas like Brixton and Notting Hill, now this incident in Glasgow. I know I'm being extremely pessimistic ATM but sadly I can sense events of both August 2011 and 7th July 2005 brewing. Not necessarily counting COVID-19, we're now paying the price for our increased political and social apathy and complacency over the past 10-15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    And a serious disturbance at a hotel in Glasgow today where asylum seekers are believed to be staying. BBC haven't yet confirmed as to whether or not it may be terror-related though.

First it was desecrating 5G masts, then BLM protests and desecrating statues, then terror-related stabbings in Reading last Saturday, then tumultuous mass gatherings on beaches, in parks, and certain London areas like Brixton and Notting Hill, now this incident in Glasgow. I know I'm being extremely pessimistic ATM but sadly I can sense events of both August 2011 and 7th July 2005 brewing. Not necessarily counting COVID-19, we're now paying the price for our increased political and social apathy and complacency over the past 10-15 years.
    Yes 2020 has been awful such bad news every day.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

"Vandalising" 5G masts, you mean? Unless these masts are secret pagan monuments to Thor perhaps?

And it certainly gives new meaning to "fighting them on the beaches", eh?

But it sadly has been a tumultuous year of upheaval so far. We can only hope for better days ahead.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    "Vandalising" 5G masts, you mean? Unless these masts are secret pagan monuments to Thor perhaps?

But it sadly has been a tumultuous year of upheaval so far. We can only hope for better days ahead.
    TBH, I think a lot of the tensions in our society ATM have been brewing up for the past 5-6 years or so, and this COVID-19 pandemic has essentially compounded it all. I have noticed that these 'tensions' in some form or another very much appear to be cyclical in the sense that the first 2-3 years of virtually every decade (at least during my 43 years on this planet) seem to come with a fair amount of tumult, as we saw in 1980-82, 1990-92, 2000-02, 2010-12 and now so far during 2020, though of course 2000-02 was an exception in that it wasn't accompanied by a severe economic crisis, unlike the start of all the other decades mentioned, but it was still far from fully peaceful overall.

I think you have a point, there Lenco. I think the Covid situation has compounded each country's issues to a boiling point.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I think you have a point, there Lenco. I think the Covid situation has compounded each country's issues to a boiling point.
    Definitely, as a lot of these issues have seemingly been mounting over several years now, and sadly brushed under the carpet for far too long now. And not just here in the UK, things have also been been festering in mainland Europe, the USA, and even Australia, and now coming to a head with this pandemic.

BTW, it's just been mentioned on the BBC News that the Glasgow hotel incident is not currently believed to be terror-related, according to Police Scotland.

In some ways it’s good that we start dealing with our problems before they get worse...but I hope our societies truly deal with issues and not just put reactionary band-aids on them.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post

Knocking them down might invoke the wrath of the American Gods

It has been a annus horribilis in Aus with drought,devastating fires all over the country then floods and now Covid but at least hear down under we All pull together and help each other not just with donations of monies but providing people with shelter in their own homes.
    We have our share of issues and nutcases but nothing in comparison to the UK or US.
    Victoria has 41 new cases today,I believe they opened the state too early,NSW will be hit again too,I am in Sydney visiting family and not much social distancing but a lot of people wearing masks I wear one have been since day one and always have my hand sanitiser in my bag along with throw away gloves.
    I don’t like anything covering my face as I have dreadful panic attacks and memories flooding back but I wear it for my own protection against this horrible virus.

Page 44 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread Information