Page 45 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    I don’t like anything covering my face as I have dreadful panic attacks and memories flooding back but I wear it for my own protection against this horrible virus.
    Same here. The way I see it, it'll probably protect me from other colds and viruses that we usually get, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolalee1 View Post
    It has been a annus horribilis in Aus with drought,devastating fires all over the country then floods and now Covid but at least hear down under we All pull together and help each other not just with donations of monies but providing people with shelter in their own homes.
    We have our share of issues and nutcases but nothing in comparison to the UK or US.
    Victoria has 41 new cases today,I believe they opened the state too early,NSW will be hit again too,I am in Sydney visiting family and not much social distancing but a lot of people wearing masks I wear one have been since day one and always have my hand sanitiser in my bag along with throw away gloves.
    I don’t like anything covering my face as I have dreadful panic attacks and memories flooding back but I wear it for my own protection against this horrible virus.
    Yes Australia has certainly had a terribly tragic year..I hope your Government will put a stop to the idea of the Brits coming on holiday to darken your shores because you don't need this threat of further spreading.

I read where Australians returning home from trips were refusing to get tested.

One reason that Australia doesn't have issues of the UK or the US is that there are so few people there I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    One reason that Australia doesn't have issues of the UK or the US is that there are so few people there I think.
    I'm sure I read on the BBC website the other day that the Great Toilet Roll Stampede may be kicking off again in Australia. Hope the UK doesn't start doing copycats once again!!

I'm sure it helps!

Another possible reason could be that the UK and the USA are probably amongst the more newsworthy countries, given their major influence in the world.

Not undermining Australia in any way, and it surely had its exceptional strengths and weaknesses (like every country), so perhaps in comparison to the UK, USA and even much of mainland Europe, its issues in general tend to be down the pecking order of world news headlines, unless they are very serious, of course, like their wildfires at the end of last year and into the start of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Yes Australia has certainly had a terribly tragic year..I hope your Government will put a stop to the idea of the Brits coming on holiday to darken your shores because you don't need this threat of further spreading.
    I don't mean to be funny with you in any way Pulisa, but why do you specifically think it's mostly us Brits who are at risk of spreading the virus abroad?

Surely there are still a lot of people in other countries who are still badly affected by CV.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I don't mean to be funny with you in any way Pulisa, but why do you specifically think it's mostly us Brits who are at risk of spreading the virus abroad?

Surely there are still a lot of people in other countries who are still badly affected by CV.
    Oh of course there are, Lencoboy.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes 2020 has been awful such bad news every day.
    The year 2020. The irony hasn't escaped me. 2020 means normal vision and everything is in focus. But nothing could be further from the truth in today's world.

Page 45 of 229 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread Information