Page 67 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I get my knickers from Mark & Sparks!

Pack of 7. Comfy gussets. Last for years...
    Even those that are now made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I remember the old Saint Michael label - used to denote quality. Wherever their knickers are made nowadays, they are not what they used to be. M&S clothing in general not as good as it was - too much pandering to their idea of a youth market and not concerned about their traditional consumer base. They need a kick in the knicker area.

Their clothes are really awful now..Oversized and not of the same quality as in the Dark Ages of Saint M..

I had some really comfy bed shorts out of there. Just plain things nothing racy

Sounds like a public inquiry is needed into this one:

https://www.givemesport.com/1720736-...ay&autoplay=on

Several fans mention the lack of police presence. The thugs causing this are nothing new in football, they try to keep them out since the clubs & police put effort into spotting the troublemakers, and this just takes me back in time.

I feel sorry for that kid as similiar happened when I was his age when I went to a Stoke match with my big brother and his mates. The 10 bellies didn't care they were crushing you.

What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Most clothes are made abroad aren't they?

Apparently my comfy gussets were made in Bangladesh!

Quote Originally Posted by dorabella View Post
    I remember the old Saint Michael label - used to denote quality. Wherever their knickers are made nowadays, they are not what they used to be. M&S clothing in general not as good as it was - too much pandering to their idea of a youth market and not concerned about their traditional consumer base. They need a kick in the knicker area.
    I started to be drawn to M&S when I hit my 40s. It was about that time when my expanding @rse was setting alarms off in shops like Top Shop and I found myself saying things like, 'It's for my daughter' (I don't have one)

I wandered around dejectedly consigning myself to a mid-life of leggings and holey band T shirts when the voice of my deceased mother came through to me..

Go to Mark's my girl!

The memories of hours and hours of trailing around Mark's (bored shitless) with my mother momentarily kicked in my eye twitch, but I figured what the hell?

So I wandered into an air-conned Marks & Spencer's store to the sound of plastic scraping metal (but in a pleasing way) and it was peaceful rather than the boom boom music in the shops aimed at the younger generation. Aside the nauseating mix of perfumes that ladies of a certain age use - and which are strong enough to take out an entire football team (and the opposing team) - I found myself surrounded by 100% cotton, comfort fit, and 3/4 sleeves to hide my wingspan..

Full disclosure, I also shop online at the v v funky Joe Browns for my tunics (cotton) and also EMP for some of my tops. (also cotton)

When it comes to knickers... my husband lives in hope that I will detour into Victoria's Secret one of these days, but my days of flossing my own @rse with G strings are well and truly over..

Also, more money for less material?

About £12 gets me ten pairs of knickers that are comfy and will last me ages. Being high-waisted they're about as alluring as my wheelie bin, but needs must..

Bloomers, Nora! Like the ones Mrs Brown wears?

What's all the posh M&S stuff with your mum? Whatever happened to C&A?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Bloomers, Nora! Like the ones Mrs Brown wears?
    Could make a decent tent out of mine.

What's all the posh M&S stuff with your mum? Whatever happened to C&A?
    Mum was the Hyacinth Bucket (sorry, Bouquet) of Stoke, Terry. She used to use her Basildon Bond writing paper and posh pen to leave notes for the milkman! (not kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I started to be drawn to M&S when I hit my 40s. It was about that time when my expanding @rse was setting alarms off in shops like Top Shop and I found myself saying things like, 'It's for my daughter' (I don't have one)

I wandered around dejectedly consigning myself to a mid-life of leggings and holey band T shirts when the voice of my deceased mother came through to me..

Go to Mark's my girl!

The memories of hours and hours of trailing around Mark's (bored shitless) with my mother momentarily kicked in my eye twitch, but I figured what the hell?

So I wandered into an air-conned Marks & Spencer's store to the sound of plastic scraping metal (but in a pleasing way) and it was peaceful rather than the boom boom music in the shops aimed at the younger generation. Aside the nauseating mix of perfumes that ladies of a certain age use - and which are strong enough to take out an entire football team (and the opposing team) - I found myself surrounded by 100% cotton, comfort fit, and 3/4 sleeves to hide my wingspan..

Full disclosure, I also shop online at the v v funky Joe Browns for my tunics (cotton) and also EMP for some of my tops. (also cotton)

When it comes to knickers... my husband lives in hope that I will detour into Victoria's Secret one of these days, but my days of flossing my own @rse with G strings are well and truly over..

Also, more money for less material?

About £12 gets me ten pairs of knickers that are comfy and will last me ages. Being high-waisted they're about as alluring as my wheelie bin, but needs must..
    For me, I was brought up by mum to know that if you wanted good quality, well made clothing you went to M&S. They were never the cheapest but you could get what I call 'classic' staples that would last - things like pure wool jackets, skirts and jumpers, cotton blouses, dress and underwear etc etc. Any yes - the high-waisted knickers, trousers that are more flattering to us more mature ladies and definitely more comfortable.

Very hard to find these now anywhere. The other thing I used to like about M&S (and also C&A) was that you could find natural fibre clothing and not all this cheap synthetic stuff which can't survive one wash in the machine and is only fit for the dustbin after barely a season's wear. I'm having to go online to Scottish outlets to find decent traditional natural fibre clothing - and leather shoes/boots - and paying a bit over the odds for it. Don't mind the costs but it would be nice to have the old M&S back and be able to find such stuff on the high street once more...

Page 67 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread Information