Page 7 of 228 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Massive online pedophile ring busted by cops

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42108748/n.../#.XNslUxRKjIV

It said that so far 184 people had been arrested and investigations in some countries were continuing. Most of those detained are suspected of direct involvement in sexually abusing children.

They include teachers, police officers and scout leaders, AP reported. One Spaniard who worked at summer youth camps is suspected of abusing some 100 children over five years.

Europol director Rob Wainwright said Wednesday the ring, which communicated using an Internet forum, was "probably the largest online pedophile network in the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

It said that so far 184 people had been arrested and investigations in some countries were continuing. Most of those detained are suspected of direct involvement in sexually abusing children.

They include teachers, police officers and scout leaders, AP reported. One Spaniard who worked at summer youth camps is suspected of abusing some 100 children over five years.

Europol director Rob Wainwright said Wednesday the ring, which communicated using an Internet forum, was "probably the largest online pedophile network in the world."

Great work by law enforcement. Utterly horrendous stuff.

As to the "who's", I think we need to hear more about this before we can form opinions. This was a massive investigation.

But I wouldn't be surprised to hear people at the top of society do such things, power is enticing to people like this. And attitudes towards abuse of children differed the further back you go...lets remember that our morals are purely a social construct, nature would have shown a different side to man the further back in history we go, and so you won't find a squeaky clean country even with things like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I guess Farage isn't going to blink and take Heidi up on this as he has a 20+ point lead over Change UK in the European polling:-

Change UK leader MP Heidi Allen has challenged Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage to a live TV debate ahead of the European elections.
    In her party's election broadcast, Ms Allen said she thinks a debate is "overdue" as there is "so much at stake" in the vote on 23 May.
    She said the leaders needed to "share with the British people our vision for the future".
    But Mr Farage has declined, saying: "Who is she?"
    The challenge was made on Monday night at a Change UK rally in Cardiff.
    Ms Allen - who left the Conservatives to join the recently-formed party - said she wanted to discuss in a debate the "open, global, outward Britain that I know that we are".
    Have you seen TBP's election leaflet? Typically UKIP style, all pointing out negatives but offering no solutions. We do need to keep sight in this that a vote for TBP can be a reaction to the inertia of the main parties as opposed to backing a no No Deal.

Farage is good at public speaking and even if he did attend it would just be the usual politician meandering where we come out knowing little more than when we sat down in the audience. I'm not sure Allen would get much more than is already known and she does need to remember there are a lot of unhappy people, and they won't be enticed to CHUK's stance...which is largely an unknown too.

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    I've rarely seen this show but when I have I think it has been obvious that Kyle plays up to his role as Judge & Jury
    We can see people who are paraded on the programme being often those with bad social repartee and I'm sure mental health challenges
    The show resembles a Zoo to me, just without cages

We get the TV we deserve sometimes and its watched by folks and thats why they make it
    Its never appealed to me personally but it does follow in the tradition of the 'National Enquirer / Heat magazine' journalism where everything is open to our voyeuristic society.

I don't want to beat Jeremy Kyle when he is down and I'm sure he doesn't feel good about this episode but these shows should be a thing of the past
    Better to have open public debates about the things that would arise in a Jeremy Kyle show trying to look at solutions and help for people than airing peoples foibles in public
    Yes, if it didn't have good ratings it would have gone long ago. It's in the same sort of category as the likes of Big Brother who have become increasing more outrageous in how they set situations up and use people.

I had to laugh when I saw former mental health professionals off Love Island and BB criticising Kyle. Several ex Love Island contestants have committed suicide from the backlash they had when leaving and BB is, especially CH5, have no moral ground to stand on for anything.

I suggest Kyle buys a punch bag to take out his rage on and spares the guests. Given the backlash as high as government levels I expect this show will ge canned as ITV panic. ITV do have a habit of sticking to their guns though, just look at their defences of the likes of Colleen Noleen and how they parade the Katie Price types around between Loose Women and This Morning. I guess it will come down to how well in Kyle is?

Vile Kyle could well be having to get off his backside soon to get a job...as far removed from the media as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Vile Kyle could well be having to get off his backside soon to get a job...as far removed from the media as possible.
    ITV are now trying to erase everything about the show in damage limitation mode. Thankfully this rubbish has finally been axed but it's annoying to hear they still plan to use him for other programmes. His legacy will be this show whatever so hopefully it will just drag him down until he disappears off the circuit.

I think he will carry the can for all vile reality shows now..Although I'd be happy to see him team up with that creep Jessen on that score..

JK can stick his polygraph where the sun don't shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post

We need to see more of this story in the UK news so that we can be objectively updated on it.
    Its this that has been worryingly quiet in the news media here.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Have you seen TBP's election leaflet? Typically UKIP style, all pointing out negatives but offering no solutions. We do need to keep sight in this that a vote for TBP can be a reaction to the inertia of the main parties as opposed to backing a no No Deal.

Farage is good at public speaking and even if he did attend it would just be the usual politician meandering where we come out knowing little more than when we sat down in the audience. I'm not sure Allen would get much more than is already known and she does need to remember there are a lot of unhappy people, and they won't be enticed to CHUK's stance...which is largely an unknown too.
    Im sorry but even if you support Brexit then I worry if you are voting for Farage and the Brexit party. Farage has no class as a politician but he gets a free ride to some degree. I think a lot of the questions that have been asked of him from the BBC and the Guardian etc that he hasnt answered are legitimate and he should be held to account. Hes marched with the National Front in his youth, hes called the EU a gravy train, hes said he wants a Norway model not No Deal, hes asked for the NHS to be privatised, hes keen on keeping Tax Havens functioning , TBP has no answers and no manifesto. Theres lots more out there but for some reason people love him ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think he will carry the can for all vile reality shows now..Although I'd be happy to see him team up with that creep Jessen on that score..

JK can stick his polygraph where the sun don't shine!
    Well hopefully the tv executive considering conception of a new Kyle show should "put something on the end of it"?

Page 7 of 228 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information