Page 80 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I’ve over two hundred LPs (vinyl) and I stopped buying recorded music around the time CDs arrived, mainly because I’d reached the point where I didn’t want any more overpriced clutter in my life.
    So you haven't purchased an album since the latter half of the 80s then?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Overpriced CDs always put me off.
    Yeah, I recall paying about 15-16 quid for standard-length chart albums (approx 10-12 tracks) on CD back in the mid-90s, by which time albums on vinyl were pretty much gone from the mainstream, and the only other alternative was on pre-recorded cassette, whose overall sound quality could still be rather hit-and-miss, and liable to get chewed up and/or scored when played on dodgy, poorly maintained machines, plus they often cost a bomb as well, sometimes even more than a pack of 3 blank TDK D90s!

The current pope likes to be a bit more liberal, whilst still hiding pervert priests.

The previous pope, still a pope, was all for downplaying and covering it up. He regarded it as more a horny priest problem
    Just demonstrates how such evil pieces of sh1te exist in pretty much all walks of life!

Remember the big media outrage over it all? It was like a new cocaine had hit the streets...
    Another 'moral panic' that never really was!

What about the noble swede....Bjorn again as a Halloween staple?

What isn't there a shortage of? What would you like there to be a shortage of this year?

Fireworks would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    What about the noble swede....Bjorn again as a Halloween staple?

What isn't there a shortage of? What would you like there to be a shortage of this year?

Fireworks would be good.
    I personally wouldn't be disappointed if there was a dire shortage of fireworks.

Despite the fact that I used to love them, I also wouldn't be disappointed if they were given the heave-ho for good, along with stinking bonfires.

No more 'massacre-like' din and stench from smoke!

Artificial Meat Makes You Green

The UK should back the development and sale of artificial meat to tackle the climate crisis, a thinktank report says, calling for the government to encourage the consumption of “alternative proteins” that do not come from animals.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...climate-crisis

Isn’t it about time we had a shortage of ‘thinktanks’? Is what’s really needed to tackle climate change a population of artificial people…? Or… simply, less of a population?
    Was this the Mo Farah Quorn think tank?

Haven't we got a load of artificial people now anyway? Should the Green Party be exploiting people this way?

Which just shows that well-constructed pop songs can still be produced in these musically deserted modern times, but only by codgery golden oldies…. Thank you for the music, ABBA!
    Well going back to ABBA's 'comeback' material, the two songs from the new album have both been released as singles this week (one of them on both 7'' vinyl and CD I think) and are both destined for the UK Top 10 in the midweek sales (6 and 7 respectively), according to the Official Charts Company website, and my immediate gut reaction is..................WOWWEEE!!

However, it doesn't end there, as their forthcoming comeback album 'Voyage' had amassed advance orders of more than 40k, which is a record for the Universal Music Group (their global distributer), plus it's not even out until Bonfire Night (Friday 5th November).

I shall be listening to that brand new belter from the Swedish legends with my cans on, blocking out the din from all those blasted fireworks (no pun intended)!!

For me it will be 'Keep calm and listen to ABBA' (lol)!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

Haven't we got a load of artificial people now anyway? Should the Green Party be exploiting people this way?
    Can we get zelebs classed as single use plastics and ban them?

Insect protein is another one. We can all be Insectarians. If nothing else it creates another label for those collecting them like scout badges

Mealybug on toast. Yum yum.

Bad news for Ant & Dec though

Page 80 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread Information