Page 89 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe mobile phones cause climate change? Wouldn't that be interesting?
    You mean all that bullshite being transmitted across them upping the carbon footprint?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Sorry, I meant to reply to you on that.

Yeah, talk about true colours. It's their holy crusade and all can be sacrificed (except them) on the way to their goal.

Groups like XR seem determined to annoy people regardless of the cause. The attitude of their spokespeople just digs the hole deeper.

Since the authorities just bang on about it and fail to do anything it's getting to the point where there will be violence. Not the nonsense one of IB's mouthpieces was bleating about whilst they put themselves above the needs of a sick person, one of them will end up getting a slap.

Hallam has a history of very poor comments:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rks-spark-fury

Let's see if XR denounce his latest remarks.

But what IB say match his comments: climate change is killing so the end justifies the means. Other things are reduced because their cause is just.

Sounds reminiscent of many a religious group, hard left or right political movements, etc. I would not be surprised if many of them would see culling as good since it means the goal is reached.
    Bloody crazy remarks from a person who sounds like they have a bit of a screw loose themselves!

Whilst the likes of IB and XR are not wrong in proclaiming that climate change will kill in the future and urgent action absolutely needs to be taken in order to address said issue, plenty of other things are still killing and harming us right now, so basically all lives matter (no BLM pun intended) both in the short and long term.

Those despicable antics from the IB protesters the other day by blocking the ambulances and their snide remarks about the patients inside are seriously bordering on manslaughter.

I'm all for reasonable peaceful protests by all means but these are just bordering on riotous and terroristic, where I fear full-on anarchy could break out, especially at a time where society is already uptight over various other issues, plus the media endlessly fanning the flames as per usual.

I really hope all this current IB saga doesn't end up spreading beyond London and infiltrating other regions/areas, even our county of Staffs. Society already has enough pack mentality as it is. I mean, look at last week's stampedes for petrol, and of course, last year's stampedes for toilet rolls!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Maybe mobile phones cause climate change? Wouldn't that be interesting?
    Hi pulisa .. how are you? Yeah, I'm actually convinced using a smart phone can cause damage and 5g frequencies effect the environment. I don't have a smart phone and don't plan to ever own one. I have a simple phone only for doctors appointments and I rarely use it otherwise. Hope everyone is well.

On the mountaintop glaciers of the Pacific Northwest lives a mysterious, and often, overlooked creature ... the Ice-Worm.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/09/10146...rious-ice-worm

Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
    Hi pulisa .. how are you? Yeah, I'm actually convinced using a smart phone can cause damage and 5g frequencies effect the environment. I don't have a smart phone and don't plan to ever own one. I have a simple phone only for doctors appointments and I rarely use it otherwise. Hope everyone is well.
    I don't have a smart phone either, Sal...I don't need one and will continue to use my basic mobile phone to text and make phone calls when needed. Can you imagine the outrage should smart phones ever be called into question?

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I’m Dreaming Of A Tight Christmas…

Experts have been warning that festive favourites like turkeys, pigs in blankets and seasonal hams could be off the menu this December…

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-08/...p-by-up-to-500

Risk of UK power cuts this winter has increased, says National Grid

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-national-grid

...Just like the ones I used to know…

Hey, it’s beginning to feel a lot like… 1974!
    I thought it was actually Christmas 1973 that was dominated by power cuts and various other issues related to the Oil Crisis of the time, despite me not being born until 1977.

As for your title 'I'm Dreaming Of A Tight Christmas', I haven't heard nor read about any forecasts of a full-on recession in the not-too-distant future, though I'm more than willing to be proved otherwise.

Levy-tate Those Bills…

Because, y’know, they just aren’t high enough yet.

https://news.sky.com/story/energy-crisis-gas-levy-threatens-to-fuel-soaring-household-energy-bills-12429745

The move to fund low-carbon alternatives is likely to prove controversial, with people already wrestling with rising costs in the face of increased wholesale prices….

Some households are already in a half-nelson facing three falls, a submission, and lights out!

It commits the government to cutting the price of electricity by removing green levies and slapping additional costs on gas to fund the switch to low-carbon alternatives.

Abracadabra! This is the sleight of hand where the Government palms the burdensome electricity green tax (money which mind-bogglingly disappears into a massive green hole) on to some other patsy, enabling the electricity companies to get away with a whacking great price increase while saying it could have been worse.
    Strangely, where's all the mass protests and demos in response to all of this turmoil?

Plus Boris and Co still seem to be riding high in the opinion polls regardless. Have most people now simply stopped caring?

What's a patsy BTW (apart from a female name)?

Levy-tate Those Bills…

Because, y’know, they just aren’t high enough yet.

https://news.sky.com/story/energy-crisis-gas-levy-threatens-to-fuel-soaring-household-energy-bills-12429745

The move to fund low-carbon alternatives is likely to prove controversial, with people already wrestling with rising costs in the face of increased wholesale prices….

Some households are already in a half-nelson facing three falls, a submission, and lights out!

It commits the government to cutting the price of electricity by removing green levies and slapping additional costs on gas to fund the switch to low-carbon alternatives.

Abracadabra! This is the sleight of hand where the Government palms the burdensome electricity green tax (money which mind-bogglingly disappears into a massive green hole) on to some other patsy, enabling the electricity companies to get away with a whacking great price increase while saying it could have been worse.
    The consumer paid it either way, whether it showed on the bill or not. But the disparity in prices is surely an even bigger worry if they aim to equalise them?

Not sure how the elec suppliers could put them up when this reduces what they are paying out? Not decreasing their prices alone would see them trouser money they normally paid out. So dropping that levy should mean dropping their prices too but notice no mention of that in there...

This pushing of consumers onto lower carbon technology is a good move for environmental groups but a bad one for consumers. Not everyone can afford to pay £2 to replace an old boiler so won't have the funds for newer tech. Now they will be penalised.

As for gas being cheaper than elec, surely cost of generation matters more than parity for the sake of it?

I didn't realise they were a common thing. I think in my head it was an American thing.

Spy Ring!...

Could EVERY doorbell camera owner face £100,000 fine after landmark ruling? How inadvertently filming neighbours and storing footage breaches their privacy under new data protection laws

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rk-ruling.html

A case of this type is long overdue. I hope it's the beginning of the full force of the law being used to curtail and even reverse this insidious menace of techno-intrusion/interference. Paranoia…? You betcha!.... the paranoia of folks believing everyone who isn’t their best mate is their worst enemy to be kept under close surveillance, and the paranoia of having some unregulated electronic gadgetry forever watching, listening and recording your every move… just in case…. For crying out loud! what sort of dystopia are we allowing and encouraging society to become?
    But its been going on for ages, not just private residences but in stores, workplaces etc. Its called 'security'. Several years ago, my wife and I were heading to the store. A guy in a truck cut us off almost causing an accident and I laid on my horn. That started some road rage from him and he followed us into the parking lot. We waited in the car until we saw him 'apparently' drive off. When we came out of the store, my truck had been keyed the entire length of the driver's side. I looked around and saw the truck that cut us off parked around 50 feet away. I took photos of the truck and license plate. We saw the guy come out of the store and he avoided eye contact, made a beeline to his truck and took off. I was on the phone to the police at the time. They came, took photos, I sent them my photos and they went into the store and observed the footage of the cameras that were aimed at the parking lot. Caught him red handed, cited him and we were awarded the funds it would cost to fix my truck in court.

No, I don't see this as an invasion of privacy as much as its personal protection. Cameras on phones, dash cams and the like are part of life now. Just be a decent human being and you have nothing to worry about

FMP
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 15-10-21 at 15:16.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 89 of 228 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread Information