Page 95 of 228 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Whilst I totally acknowledge that Dan's job must be grim and thankless in many respects, it's still no justification for wind-ups bordering on perverted.

And I'm not generally a hoity-toity prude either.
    Sorry Lenco..I didn't see all the offensive posts before replying to "Dan". Oh well...he's certainly a good example of an antivaxxer. His mum must be proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Sorry Lenco..I didn't see all the offensive posts before replying to "Dan". Oh well...he's certainly a good example of an antivaxxer. His mum must be proud of him.
    Well he's been barred from this forum, especially after I complained to admin about his 'sexualised' remarks, let alone his Covid non-beliefs, antivaxx stuff, having digs at people with left-leaning political views, and general all-round oddball commentary, which I personally found rather intimidating and indeed towing the line.

Like I've said before, I'm no prude and try to be as tolerant of others as possible, but that person was just well OTT and indeed out of order.

But water under the bridge now, and we'll all move on.

Well that was a whirlwind.

Poor old Dominic may need another trip to Barnard Castle, I fear... Sometimes the repressed anger just gets too much...

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Poor old Dominic may need another trip to Barnard Castle, I fear... Sometimes the repressed anger just gets too much...
    TBH, I'm beyond even caring now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Would-Be William Tells To Be Told No….

Priti Patel orders review of crossbow laws after man arrested at Windsor Castle on Christmas Day.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/priti-pat...mas-day/192220

Crossbows may also be considered offensive weapons and are prohibited from being carried in a public place without lawful authority or reasonable excuse.

I wonder what would be ‘lawful authority or reasonable excuse’…?

William Told-You-So: “Well, officer, I’m just on on my way to get a bit of target practice. See, I’ve got the apple right here…”

Landburgher Gessler: “Oh come off it! That’s not an apple, it’s a French Golden Delicious!”

Yet again the Government is being prodded into action (technical joke) over something that’s been around forever. Invented in China around 600 BC, it was probably the first but certainly not the last lethal export from that country. Anyway, the Pope and his Lateran Council had a go at banning it in 1139:

We prohibit under anathema that murderous art of crossbowmen and archers, which is hateful to God, to be employed against Christians and Catholics from now on.”

But they probably couldn’t get the ban to stick in law because it was somewhat exclusionary….

Sarjeant-at-Arms: “I hope you’re not intending to use that thing against Christians and Catholics?”

William Told-You-So: “Aren’t they one and the same at the moment, Sir?”

Then 16th century Henry VII came out with this gobbledegook prohibiting possession by all except those who:

… shote ow of a owse for the lawfull defens of same…” or earned at least 200 Marks per annum (about 132 quid!).

Which roughly translates as folks who owned their own houses (not many) and who were in the super-tax bracket, i.e. rich folks.

Sheriff of Plebshire: “Oi, you! Yes you carrying that crossbow – are you a man of means?

William Told-You-So: “Depends wot yer mean, mate.”

Sheriff of Plebshire: “Insolent cur! Have you got two groats to rub together?”

William Told-You-So: “Nah, not since they fell through ‘ole in me pocket… ‘sides they sez it meks yer go blind”

…There you go – new laws on old weapons won’t be a bolt from the true blue Conservatives (technical joke).

PS: I trust this post isn’t too oddball, obscure or intimidating for anyone.
    Well I don't personally have issue with it.

Let's face it, it's not the first time some nutjob has attempted to hijack a place of residence for Her Maj. Didn't some other nutjob attempt to hijack BuckPal a few months back?

Did I read that one of Elvis Presley's favourite meals was squirrel? Or maybe I dreamt that?

I read about that squirrel the day before. I thought it a missed opportunity not to headline as 'Squirrel Gone Nuts'

It also said she paid £110 to a vet to take him as the RSPCA couldn't They even quoted a neighbour who explained residents were chipping in.

Oh, The Irony!...

A grey squirrel had to be killed after it acquired a taste for human fingers.

‘…it made regular trips to her garden, but then it began to bite the hand that fed it…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ing-welsh-town

An RSPCA spokesperson said: “We were incredibly sad to have to put this squirrel to sleep but were left with no choice due to changes in legislation in 2019 making it illegal to release grey squirrels back into the wild. We do not agree with this law and opposed it, but legally we have to comply.”

I wonder if the sentiment would have been the same if that biting blighter had been a rat?

Perhaps the folks who’d been bitten could have had their ultimate revenge by eating it?...

Today’s Special

Braised Grey Squirrel With Nut Stuffing
    (like chicken with a soupçon of rabbit)
    Cute and furry animals can be quite dangerous as King Arthur's nights found out...

"Bring forth the holy hand grenade of Antioch"

Oh, The Irony!...

A grey squirrel had to be killed after it acquired a taste for human fingers.

‘…it made regular trips to her garden, but then it began to bite the hand that fed it…

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ing-welsh-town

An RSPCA spokesperson said: “We were incredibly sad to have to put this squirrel to sleep but were left with no choice due to changes in legislation in 2019 making it illegal to release grey squirrels back into the wild. We do not agree with this law and opposed it, but legally we have to comply.”

I wonder if the sentiment would have been the same if that biting blighter had been a rat?

Perhaps the folks who’d been bitten could have had their ultimate revenge by eating it?...

Today’s Special

Braised Grey Squirrel With Nut Stuffing
    (like chicken with a soupçon of rabbit)
    I hope it wasn't finger-lickin' good? Squirrels look so cute and cuddly but their teeth are like daggers!

Page 95 of 228 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread Information