Page 69 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Nasty Pasty Is A Dish Best Served Cold

Councillor about MP: MP accepting free football tickets is the same as him receiving a free pasty.

MP retorts about Councillor: Councillor looks like he’s had more than one free pasty.

Councillor (hurt and defensive) about MP: MP’s reply is nasty!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-57873811

And that’s news, folks?...!
    It's all very handbags isn't it?

This is Lancashire news though. This tiff could be settled by a five minute wrestle in some gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    It's all very handbags isn't it?

This is Lancashire news though. This tiff could be settled by a five minute wrestle in some gravy.
    I saw that. Pulling the 'fat shaming' made him look an idiot.

Of course, pointing out a NHS nurse being overweight despite all the dangers they keep telling us about...like your oncologist telling you the dangers of smoking while topping up his pipe

And In The Final Days, Robot Shall Be Set Against Robot….

It’s worse than we thought, Jim. The robots are killing each other!

The Ocado Group, an operator and purveyor of automated warehouse tech for e-tailers, has admitted that three of its robots collided and caused a fire last Friday at its Customer Fulfilment [*] Centre (CFC) in Erith, south-east London.’

https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/...o_robot_crash/

Or was it mass suicide? Those supply and demand warehouse jobs can be hellish, so I’ve been told.

Isaac Asimov knew it’d come to this….

* Customer Fulfilment Centre?

I can never feel less fulfilled than when I’m a customer of anything in these days of customer disservice. More like violated and having to pay dearly for the experience.
    Where is Tom Selleck when you need him? No Magnum tiny pink shorts in the film, Runaway, though.

I hope they were '3 Laws' compliant.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Of course, pointing out a NHS nurse being overweight despite all the dangers they keep telling us about...
    About 25% of nurses in England are obese and in Scotland it's about 40%. It's been put down to shift patterns (and too many extra shifts) and the body not having time to do the rest and repair work. Also, not having anywhere to store their own healthier food instead of grabbing food out of the vending machines or bacon butties from the canteen. Plus, stress plays a huge part too, and stress will always take it's toll on the body..

When it comes to nursing, it doesn't matter to me if a nurse is built like a shithouse or looks like one decent gust would carry them away. I just want to feel cared for. Because, if I'm in hospital, I am naturally going to be anxious, and I think that too many nurses/doctors/whoever were absent for the training module that addresses the 'emotional care' part of their profession..

Incidentally, some of the loveliest nurses I've encountered have been on the larger side, and some of the worst ones have been thin - including the midwife who delivered my first son. Slim figure on her but she had the disposition of Satan.

Trust me, nobody has time for that kind of shit when they're a teenager and trying to birth a very large (and cranky) human being!

If someone can do their job it isn't going to make a jot of difference what size they are. To be honest if I had to do a 12 hour shift on a ward I would certainly eat a lot just to give me the energy to keep going.

10 hour shifts plus 1 1/2 hours travelling a day when I was redeployed last year nearly finished me off - I ate at every possible opportunity. High energy, high fat food - if I still had to do it now I'd be the size of a house (or a roomy dorma bungalow, I'm only 5 ft 4 in).

I agree, Catkins...

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    If someone can do their job it isn't going to make a jot of difference what size they are. To be honest if I had to do a 12 hour shift on a ward I would certainly eat a lot just to give me the energy to keep going.

10 hour shifts plus 1 1/2 hours travelling a day when I was redeployed last year nearly finished me off - I ate at every possible opportunity. High energy, high fat food - if I still had to do it now I'd be the size of a house (or a roomy dorma bungalow, I'm only 5 ft 4 in).
    Definitely. Vending machines typically contain chocolate and crisps. If a nurse is overworked and stressed, they will want something quick and comforting. And right under their noses, there it is.

Treasured Heritage Or Post-Industrial Eyesore?

An area [North Wales] famous for its slate industry could join the Great Wall of China and the USA's Grand Canyon as a Unesco World Heritage Site later.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57973511

I nominate the late Fred Dibnah’s backyard.

Speaking Of Heritage – It’s Gone For A Burton!

Historian claims Holy Grail and Ark of Covenant could be located under Burton house.’

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/historian-claims-holy-grail-ark-21151689

And I thought the place was only famous for beer. Does Dan Brown know about this?
    Wow, that will most certainly put Burton on the map for great reasons other than ale!

Best thing in our county of this nature since the artefacts of the Staffordshire Hoard were first discovered just outside Lichfield back in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Wow, that will most certainly put Burton on the map for great reasons other than ale!

Best thing in our county of this nature since the artefacts of the Staffordshire Hoard were first discovered just outside Lichfield back in 2009.
    Pisses all over finding Richard III under a car park. Beat that one!

I'll keep an eye out for pilgrimages along the A50

First stop for returning tourists on the "See the UK In A Day" tour!

I see Wayne Rooney has been up to his old tricks again! Another trial for poor old Coleen..

Page 69 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread Information