Page 49 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Hartlepool turns Tory… Blimey!

Labour has:

“…lost touch with ordinary British people

and is a:

London-based bourgeoisie, with the support of brigades of woke social media warriors
    says Khalid Mahmood, recently resigned shadow defence minister….

And they’ve only just noticed? Bring back Michael Foot, I say (not literally, of course, but perhaps what he stood for – Old Labour… Real Labour).
    If they made donkey jackets in designer labels maybe Sir would give it a go?

The response of the Labour candidate perhaps only confirmed the contempt with which he held voters? A bit silly to put someone with his strong opinions about a recent referendum into the seat. At the least it only played into the hands of the opposition to claim he wouldn't speak for them. Given his response I have little doubt he was there for the electorate and more for himself.

And now another by-election with the mayoral success of Tracy Brabin.

I had to laugh at Corbyn's lot claiming they won in Hartlepool so their policies were right. They seem to not remember the 80 seat drubbing elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    No, I agree the anti-trumpers are more of a Burn Loot Murder major cities crowd than a storm the capitol crowd.

Hey Terry - Do you think they have one of those giant inflatables of Trump too?
    Oh do give it a rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Oh do give it a rest!
    Give what a rest? Asking for giant inflatables?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    If they made donkey jackets in designer labels maybe Sir would give it a go?

The response of the Labour candidate perhaps only confirmed the contempt with which he held voters? A bit silly to put someone with his strong opinions about a recent referendum into the seat. At the least it only played into the hands of the opposition to claim he wouldn't speak for them. Given his response I have little doubt he was there for the electorate and more for himself.

And now another by-election with the mayoral success of Tracy Brabin.

I had to laugh at Corbyn's lot claiming they won in Hartlepool so their policies were right. They seem to not remember the 80 seat drubbing elsewhere.
    Terry,

So what happened? Did Labour get a trouncing in a recent election? We have midterms here is this election something like that?

Terry,

So what happened? Did Labour get a trouncing in a recent election? We have midterms here is this election something like that?
    Yeah, they took a major hit in the Hartlepool by election. The sitting Labour MP resigned over a possible criminal charge so it triggers a by election. Usually they hang on for the money until the next General Election where we get to vote. But there has been a change to allow voters to get a petition of over 10% of the seat's electorate so we can kick them out now. They get booted out if they are sentenced to 12 months in jail hence why we have had some coining it still whilst in prison for less.

It was a Labour seat since inception in the 70s. Red rosette on a donkey like many other wards until Corbyn & Brexit shook it all up. Corbyn is gone but the new leader was as responsible for their Brexit failures. Hartlepool is a big Leave town and the candidate they put up was a vocal Remainer He stormed off in disgust at losing.

The rest were two other types of vote 1) the mayor's we now have in some places and b) local elections for councillors (not all are due. Mine wasnt).

It's usual for the opposition to do well against the government in local elections and by elections. The latter depends on whether it's a stronghold obviously. Getting such poor results is a good indicator of what's to come hence the calls for Starmer's resignation from some. Farther left in the party believe it needs to go further left again, as Corbyn held Hartlepool, but that's crazy as it's one big reason traditional voters deserted them (worst result in 100 years).
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 11-05-21 at 06:57.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Yeah, they took a major hit in the Hartlepool by election. The sitting Labour MP resigned over a possible criminal charge so it triggers a by election. Usually they hang on for the money until the next General Election where we get to vote. But there has been a change to allow voters to get a petition over 10 or 20k signatories (can't remember without checking) to force a by election so we can kick them out now.

It was a Labour seat since inception in the 70s. Red rosette on a donkey like many other wards until Corbyn & Brexit shook it all up. Corbyn is gone but the new leader was as responsible for their Brexit failures. Hartlepool is a big Leave town and the candidate they put up was a vocal Remainer He stormed off in disgust at losing.

The rest were two other types of vote 1) the mayor's we now have in some places and b) local elections for councillors (not all are due. Mine wasnt).

It's usual for the opposition to do well against the government in local elections and by elections. The latter depends on whether it's a stronghold obviously. Getting such poor results is a good indicator of what's to come hence the calls for Starmer's resignation from some. Farther left in the party believe it needs to go further left again, as Corbyn held Hartlepool, but that's crazy as it's one big reason traditional voters deserted them (worst result in 100 years).
    Wow! That's amazing. So who was the big winner? The Conservative party?
    I gotta follow your politics more closely. For one I think they can be a harbinger of things to come here but also because they're so colorful! I mean our Congress got nothing in your Parliament when they get going!😄

Give what a rest? Asking for giant inflatables?
    No, the way you nickname BLM as 'Burn, Loot, Murder'.

Not only people on the Left do such things but those on the Right (and Centre) also do such things.

Likewise, not only Black people 'Burn, Loot and Murder' but so do White people, as demonstrated by many of the baying mobs in in many of England's major cities back in August 2011!

Not only people on the Left do such things but those on the Right (and Centre) also do such things.

Likewise, not only Black people 'Burn, Loot and Murder' but so do White people, as demonstrated by many of the baying mobs in in many of England's major cities back in August 2011!
    Disgusting and purely racist

On a positive note, the FDA authorized use of the Pfizer vaccine for teens 12 to 16yo!

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Disgusting and purely racist

On a positive note, the FDA authorized use of the Pfizer vaccine for teens 12 to 16yo!

FMP
    I seriously don't mean to be disgusting and purely racist FMP. I was merely pointing out that persons of all ethnicities and political angles do wrong things and it's not just Blacks, people with Left-leaning political views, etc, who have lawless tendencies.

Hey I don't deny that lenco. Antifa comes to mind. And being black white or any other color ain't got nothing to do with why they burn loot murder. It's because they're violent criminals who work on fear and intimidation. I know tons of blacks and they're all hard working decent folks and not a one of em does any of that stuff... just like the whites, Asians, Hispanics and Middle Easteners I know. Just like the vast majority of conservatives don't storm government buildings. Know what I mean?

Page 49 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread Information