Page 132 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2267

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Not Enough Hours In The Day?...

well that’s going to change... eventually.

Planet Earth has begun spinning at a slower rate, making the days longer, and scientists are struggling to understand why.

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/...-b2140840.html

Boffins baffled? Wow! so it must be something really odd going on. And just to add to the weirdness, there’s mention in there of the Earth shrinking...

Now just a minute and a bit, I could’ve sworn time is actually accelerating. I mean, when I was ten years old, Christmas came once every four or five years, but now it’s every three months. In fact, the supermarkets will be displaying crimble gewgaw next week (pools of molten chocolate Father Christmas, chestnuts roasting on an open shelf and sweaty elves).
    Apart from Christmas seemingly getting earlier every year since I was about 10, I can't say I've actually noticed time and days actually getting longer; it all seems the same to me as it ever was.

I wonder if it's just the latest in a long line of myths/conspiracy theories concocted by some sadcase amateur/wannabe 'scientist' for some fifteen minutes of fame?

Maybe shrews haven been peeing in people's mouths while they sleep as spiders allegedly do?

Eh, Mrs Kins? Where did this come from?... Hmmm, now you come to mention it, though.... I have seen spiders scurrying away when I’ve put the light on, with a look on their little faces as if they’ve been up to some mischief.
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Maybe shrews haven been peeing in people's mouths while they sleep as spiders allegedly do?
    Aint no nocturnal arachnid urination going on in my mouth! Thanks to TMJ, my jaws are snapped shut tighter than a shrew's @rsehole when it sees a bird of prey with a drool on.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Aint no nocturnal arachnid urination going on in my mouth! Thanks to TMJ, my jaws are snapped shut tighter than a shrew's @rsehole when it sees a bird of prey with a drool on.
    They might opt for your nose?

I've just had an awful thought. If any of my neighbours have these ring cameras they might have inadvertently filmed me wandering up to the end of our road with our dog in the early hours of the morning. They might have hundreds of hours of footage of me in my tatty dressing gown and Aldi cross. I might have to up my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I've just had an awful thought. If any of my neighbours have these ring cameras they might have inadvertently filmed me wandering up to the end of our road with our dog in the early hours of the morning. They might have hundreds of hours of footage of me in my tatty dressing gown and Aldi cross. I might have to up my game!
    You might be a YouTube star, Catkins!

I've discovered that our RING also records my OCD car door/front door checking habit.

And also my serious resting face. (I look like I'm going to murder someone?)

Oh great, they'll hear me talking to the dog too!

Seriously what a crock of it.
    I hope my neighbors get one.
    I could do with the money

If anyone missed a previous post of mine on this highly contentious subject (‘Spy Ring’), here’s a reminder:-

Ring doorbell camera warning as customers could face £100k fine after court case

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-lif...omers-25222778

This story was covered extensively at the time.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

[QUOTE=Pain;2052066]If anyone missed a previous post of mine on this highly contentious subject (‘Spy Ring’), here’s a reminder:-

Ring doorbell camera warning as customers could face £100k fine after court case

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/real-lif...omers-25222778

Yeah, I read about this..

We have ours so only our driveway is on camera. Initially we could see our neighbour's car in their drive but there's an option to block areas out and that's what we've done. We have the sticker in the window so people know they're being filmed so I think we're covered?

I should add that the RING is Mr Batty's idea (I just wanted a new doorbell)

That said, being a bit deaf means that I don't always hear the doorbell. Our pooch is old and deaf now too so I can't rely on her high-pitched bark when someone rings the bell either, but Alexa (when she's off mute) lets me know that someone's at the door, so it does have its advantages other than what the back of my hair looks like...

Page 132 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast

Thread Information