Page 41 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

So, if they were able to be recalled for breaking their conditions why does it take a major event to get the police to go out to arrest them? After all aren't these guys serious villains to the police?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

'Conspiracy Theorist' Vanessa Beeley Faces Backlash As Universities Cancel Her 'Journalism' Talks
    It would seem credible not to book someone like this since it's hard to justify it as journalism. They could easily book someone credible who takes a more objective stance to these issues.

I have no doubt our governments meddle in everybody else's, just as they do in ours, but when your milkman doesn't leave your order on the doorstep it doesn't have to mean some CIA-Israeli plot.

Certainly some of what she peddles has been seen in the politics threads on here and was greeted in much the same way as flat earth. Social media empowering the "truth seekers" or "truth deniers"? Are terrorists sitting with their feet up falsely claiming credit for the work of our own governments? It often feels like those terrorists are being downplayed as not as bad as we think to push the narrative of the false flags.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 07-12-19 at 04:20.

More evidence the House of Lords really needs a massive overhaul:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...house-21101824
    Be dreadful at leading your party, lose abysmally but your party wants more of their own in the upper chamber? Hey presto, instant peerage.

Wait...how is it that possible? They can make anyone a peer? How do I take advantage of this?!?

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wait...how is it that possible? They can make anyone a peer? How do I take advantage of this?!?
    You have buddies in Parliament. It wasn't so long ago we had a scandal about cash for peerages but it's always been about promoting your friends and loading the Lords with sympathetic votes. And once there we are stuck with them...forever! We even have a number of religious seats in a country where barely anyone cares about religion.

Many barely turn up or do anything. But it's a great way to boost your business and open doors saying you are a Lord. Companies then come along wanting your title on the books and appoint you a director where you do nothing for them but exist to look more important. I worked for one small company when I was young where the MD even told me this.

So what title do you get? I mean, I thought some could only be appointed by the queen?

So what title do you get? I mean, I thought some could only be appointed by the queen?
    You would be Baroness Vee and for every day you clock in you get paid a handsome salary whether you sit their debating in the chamber or read the paper!

Women normally opt for Baroness so as to state they own the title since the wife of Lord Whoever can be called Lady yet it's her husband that holds the peerage.

We have Life Peers and Hereditary Peers. All are appointed by the Queen but the latter are those that can hand their titles down. The latter are the ones you might be thinking of who represent our older style nobility with different, higher titles. Life Peers are the majority and the ones most likely promoted by their mates in Parliament. Life Peers don't pass titles on. Out of the Hereditary Peers the government have limited them via law change in recent times to reduce their numbers so they decided who stayed and there is a procedure as they pass on as to whether their offspring or another peer steps in.

Alternatively marry one of the royal family and get bestowed with a myriad of silly outdated titles just as they are if the Queen is happy with it. Some of the royal family do not take them on or deny them to their children as they don't believe it fits with the modern world (not included money grubbing prince Andy who would take as much as mummy would allow to rake in the dosh for his offspring...and which have been denied by both the Queen and Prince Charles, the latter a believer in smaller monarchy).

Lol I’m not marrying into the royal family. I can’t think of worse in-laws. I’ll pass.

im already the dictator of my classroom. You may refer to me as “Dear Leader”.

im already the dictator of my classroom. You may refer to me as “Dear Leader”.
    Did the US teachers ever have "the cane" like the UK did?

They had "the paddle". Outlawed in most states now...but I still remember my 4th grade teacher using it!

Page 41 of 226 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread Information