Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Looks like parliament on a day out
    I think ours would need some adult babies in there for that

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Hear, Hear !!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48946070 - Yesterdays Panorama was very strong in its allegations against the Labour leadership and its interference in the Labour Disputes team over anti-semitism. I don't believe that Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-semite but he definitely is not tackling anti-semitism with every breathe in his body like he has said. Labour really needs to get a grip of this issue that has been rumbling on for 3 years now and deal unequivocably with cases. Corbyn needs to make a speech that underlines that he believes that Israel has a right to exist and that he believes in a 2 state solution. This is a sore that is festering. It is however interesting that there are anti-semites that get away with that and Islamaphobia within the Tory party whilst the heat is on Labour for this issue.

Voting Intentions: The Boris Bounce !!! :- Today’s YouGov poll shows that, for the first time ever, Labour has fallen into fourth place with just 18% of the vote. The Conservative’s lead on 24%, with the Brexit party on 23%, the Lib Dems on 20%, and the Green’s on 9%.
    Wiki has a tracker for them all which is very useful. The media jump up and down about spikes but looking at trend Labour have been doing much better than we are being led to believe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinio..._election#2019

The Lib Dems keep having spikes and then dip straight back down to their usual %'s so they are hardly the next GE leaders we are being told.

The Tories do seem to be recovering though and challenging Labour for the top slot again. Is it a swing from TBP? Nope, some polls show both those parties near the top.

I can only think it's about who they are asking and whether the population selections are as diverse as they should be?

Cricket, I love it, ahhhh !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I think ours would need some adult babies in there for that
    And raincoats

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Drink it In !!!!

https://youtu.be/R-CIggoU4VM

Jonathan Pie in Rant mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    And raincoats
    Very true

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48946070 - Yesterdays Panorama was very strong in its allegations against the Labour leadership and its interference in the Labour Disputes team over anti-semitism. I don't believe that Jeremy Corbyn is an anti-semite but he definitely is not tackling anti-semitism with every breathe in his body like he has said. Labour really needs to get a grip of this issue that has been rumbling on for 3 years now and deal unequivocably with cases. Corbyn needs to make a speech that underlines that he believes that Israel has a right to exist and that he believes in a 2 state solution. This is a sore that is festering. It is however interesting that there are anti-semites that get away with that and Islamaphobia within the Tory party whilst the heat is on Labour for this issue.
    I've always thought it was the problem faced by others such as Trump, you cast your net wide for voters and then don't want to lose them later.

Whilst I don't believe Corbyn is an anti-Semite I don't think he's strong. I get the impression is an inclusive people pleaser type so likely great at a local level as he is committed but terrible at leadership level where you can't please everyone. To get he votes needed he, and his backers, dragged in a load of people from the militant end of the left who come with their varying views, some of them anti Semitic. Just like with Brexit where he is stuck between Leave & Remain voters he has the problem of a left that has members who are completely fine with anti Semitism and misogyny. And there are the enablers, the ones who look the other way, which is what Corbyn is.

He makes the right noises about not tolerating it but the lack of action shows the reality. Either they or those behind them don't want the action so it's just press office statement stuff for the media.

But to be honest as a swing voter I couldn't care less about their policy on Israel! I want to know their policies on the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I've always thought it was the problem faced by others such as Trump, you cast your net wide for voters and then don't want to lose them later.

Whilst I don't believe Corbyn is an anti-Semite I don't think he's strong. I get the impression is an inclusive people pleaser type so likely great at a local level as he is committed but terrible at leadership level where you can't please everyone. To get he votes needed he, and his backers, dragged in a load of people from the militant end of the left who come with their varying views, some of them anti Semitic. Just like with Brexit where he is stuck between Leave & Remain voters he has the problem of a left that has members who are completely fine with anti Semitism and misogyny. And there are the enablers, the ones who look the other way, which is what Corbyn is.

He makes the right noises about not tolerating it but the lack of action shows the reality. Either they or those behind them don't want the action so it's just press office statement stuff for the media.

But to be honest as a swing voter I couldn't care less about their policy on Israel! I want to know their policies on the UK!
    Totally agree, I think Corbyn is a very weal Leader. Some of his policies make sense, some don't but added to his weak leadership even with some good policies he isn't really someone I'm very comfortable voting for.

However for other reasons and similar reasons I don't find Johnson / Hunt enticing either.

Don't know how the Lib Dem Leadership contest is going to go but they have a great chance to get policies across with a good Leader, this is a key time for a key appointment for the LibDems.

Totally agree, I think Corbyn is a very weal Leader. Some of his policies make sense, some don't but added to his weak leadership even with some good policies he isn't really someone I'm very comfortable voting for.

However for other reasons and similar reasons I don't find Johnson / Hunt enticing either.

Don't know how the Lib Dem Leadership contest is going to go but they have a great chance to get policies across with a good Leader, this is a key time for a key appointment for the LibDems.
    Swinson or Davey isn't it? I bet Umunna is keeping an eye with landing a big job when he joined.

Swinson is a bit tarred by the last coalition but I'm not sure that will affect her too much as it was more Clegg & Cable that seemed to take the heat. Some may question her voting record during that time though but Brexit will likely overtake it all anyway.

I'm not sure any of the Tory candidates were particularly appealing. I'm not liking their proposed tax cuts for the better off. Someone made the point it would be more appealing to raise the threshold for the lower band so the main working class get a boost, which seemed a better way without driving away voters due to the inevitable distaste of the have's & have nots issue.

I guess it's going to be a Labour/LibDem vs Tory/TBP coalition? If these can't obtain enough seats then the SNP/Plaid and maybe DUP will end up kingmakers. I would hope Brexit is over by the next GE so we can see TBP fizzle out (a coalition with them is going to drag the Tories further to the right as Farage has some nutty people in there...and even ex Communist Party members aligned over the EU).

Removing Brexit will be interesting for Labour. It will realise Corbyn from his northern shackles, unless he follows advice to ditch us al in favour of chasing southern Remain votes, and return us to the usual infighting but at least it will mean a clearer manifesto for voters.

I agree that raising the lower rate band is the best way to offer tax cuts as everyone benefits equally, its been a good Lib Dem polisy to raise that during the coalition

Page 16 of 227 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread Information