Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Phill2 View Post
    Apparently there was another bloke in the cell with him but he was "sound asleep" at the time ?????
    That's a pretty serious case of sleep walking, doing the deed and going out to fetch a stuffed brown envelope then retuning to your bed

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Something doesn't add up in the tragic case of Nora Quoirin in my opinion. I just don't understand why she wasn't found any sooner.
    I've not caught up on this yet. Didn't she starve to death? Poor young woman.

Yes but she was found just over a mile from their hotel near a waterfall she had wanted to visit.

Prince Andrew seems to have become Her Maj favourite Son all of a sudden, Shes been spotted out with him many times recently as hes sucked into the Epstein debacle. Also rumours of a Fergie/Andy reMatch ?

Quote Originally Posted by mezzaninedoor View Post
    Prince Andrew seems to have become Her Maj favourite Son all of a sudden, Shes been spotted out with him many times recently as hes sucked into the Epstein debacle. Also rumours of a Fergie/Andy reMatch ?
    Hasn't it been rumoured Fergie/Andy have been back on for some time?

Fergie is also implicated as she took money from Epstein which Andy secured for her. I think this was all after he was originally convicted.

Part 1: What should the real response be to the Amazon fires?
    Is £18 million lip service from the G7.
    I thought we were in a 'climate emergency'

Part 2: I have noticed how a lot of right wing writers are trolling Greta Thunberg on Twitter.
    Is she fair game just because shes taken a stand regardless of her young age?
    It feels to me like very un-Adult behaviour. Gaslighting against something undeniably true.

Part 1: What should the real response be to the Amazon fires?
    Is £18 million lip service from the G7.
    I thought we were in a 'climate emergency'

Part 2: I have noticed how a lot of right wing writers are trolling Greta Thunberg on Twitter.
    Is she fair game just because shes taken a stand regardless of her young age?
    It feels to me like very un-Adult behaviour. Gaslighting against something undeniably true.
    Part 1: That doesn't seem like very much money at all. Macron was jumping up & down about it earlier in the week and this is all they are doing? So, it's really just the issue of the week soon to be buried under the next emergency they feed us? In reality, Tony, weren't we told in our geography lessons about how we were destroying the Amazon and that was quite a while back for us? Surely what we need to be doing is stop feeding Brazil with the demand that is causing them to slash & burn?

Part 2: I'm wary of this because she is a young person and trolls will always represent the unpleasant end of human behaviour. I don't think she should be a target at her age despite her doing all this. At the same time I'm also aware of the BS the media were selling about her being just some average kid because she is very far from that and the likelihood is she is a face for those behind who can open the doors. These might be who those right wing writers are really trying to get at but it isn't the right way.

headlines today.

1) Children playing in the sea in 22 degrees heat. This isn't Great Britain this is a village 700 miles North of the Arctic Circle. The normal temperature would be 8 degrees. They have had Mosquitos, something they have never experienced before.
    Journies that until recently took 3 weeks in the 70's and days recently now take a single day.
    Their lives are being transformed but the rest of the World will see the damage.

2) Boris has taken the Prorogue step we all knew he would. Hes dressing it up as Business as Normal but in fact its a very very clever piece of Politics that the Queen has signed off on. If HOC business doesnt deal with legislation preventing No Deal before the profogue date, legislation is dead stopped, not just picked up when they return on October 14th. i have to say Im uncomfortable with this.

What are they afraid of though? They've spent ages wanting the Tories booted out and Brexit changed to a Labour one (or cancelled completely by other parties) and now they are all being so coy about it.

Corbyn has spent the whole of this year ducking a second referendum question until recently by implying he wanted a GE instead. Now he doesn't? What are you afraid of Jeremy?

I understand they want to apply for an extension first and I would imagine announcing a GE would mean the EU would extend anyway and see what party comes through.

Whilst I know it's all about strategy there is something hypocritical about whinging about wanting change all year and then when someone offers the opportunity to seize it everyone hides behind a desk. But then we all know Jeremy has been trailing Boris in the polls ever since the Tories put him in... so it's the usual opposition BS of whinging they want in to offer anything & everything knowing they won't get the chance.

I guess the issue is whether Boris would set the GE date after the 31/10 but surely if that were the case they could just bring this Bill in anyway on the basis of him doing this? Surely MP's would be equally as outraged as now and support it? But then the way they have opted does mean Jeremy can whinge on about wanting a GE without having to step up for one. I wonder whether he will just go down as a moaner who can moan he never got his second chance as he will be to old at the next one?

Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread Information