Page 58 of 228 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It's about time that plonker Piers was locked up. And his brother Jezzer is now one of yesterday's men.

No doubt Starmer will still be copping the blame, and Bozzer will probably be laughing his b**ls off!
    Jezza might be but Labour is still having it's civil war. With Starmer not doing well and losing elections he shouldn't it's allowing Jezza's remnants to make their case a shifter back to his type of politics is needed.

It's all for the Tories to lose still. Labour are in a real mess. I'm not sure what is going to change this.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Jezza might be but Labour is still having it's civil war. With Starmer not doing well and losing elections he shouldn't it's allowing Jezza's remnants to make their case a shifter back to his type of politics is needed.

It's all for the Tories to lose still. Labour are in a real mess. I'm not sure what is going to change this.
    But at least it's looking like the beginning of the ascendency of the Lib Dems, following their triumphant by-election result in a historically 'blue wall' area of Bucks last Thursday.

Plus the Greens are also steadily growing in stature, especially with the increasing climate change awareness of late, which is a good thing IMO.

But at least it's looking like the beginning of the ascendency of the Lib Dems, following their triumphant by-election result in a historically 'blue wall' area of Bucks last Thursday.

Plus the Greens are also steadily growing in stature, especially with the increasing climate change awareness of late, which is a good thing IMO.
    Perhaps a bit too early to judge? The Lib Dems won a seat post 2016, crowed about their triumph and believed they could get into government but lost the same seat and were later wiped out.

They are not going to be a threat in Red Wall seats. They are concentrated in some seats but have little presence in many others so their best hope is coalitions and agreements for vote support.

I thought this was interesting...Scientists have now found the oldest shark attack victim LOL

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/24/asia/...cli/index.html
    Last edited by AntsyVee; 24-06-21 at 17:43. Reason: link

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Matt Hancock* – A poor man full of….?

respect for the bloke who called him somewhat hopeless?

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-23/...e-before-covid

*If you draw a face on half a pistachio nutshell, you’ll see the man himself.

Amazon’s Rubbish!....

is the stuff folks pay good money for… or perhaps not.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-06-21/...tigation-finds
    Just imagine the mammoth outcry in the comments sections of The Scum, Daily Fail, etc had Starmer or Corbyn been caught doing what Hancock has done?

There would have been demands for Starmer, Corbyn, et el, to be hung, drawn and quartered from the hard-righters!

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    Ah! But Mr Starmer, Mr Corbyn and others just don’t have the charisma and charm of Mr Hancock. And, who knows, there might yet be a public hanging, drawing and quartering of the poor man…. The Grudgian is baying for his blood:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...k-he-has-to-go
    And I wonder what Boris did with his water cannons that he planned on using in the event of another August 2011-type incident?

Just imagine the mammoth outcry in the comments sections of The Scum, Daily Fail, etc had Starmer or Corbyn been caught doing what Hancock has done?

There would have been demands for Starmer, Corbyn, et el, to be hung, drawn and quartered from the hard-righters!
    They already do but for other reasons. Neither of them are squeaky clean in their careers.

Like I said on the other thread social distancing rule breaks have become more important (to the media) than even real crimes (remember the guys in cars arrested for meeting up in the middle of the night and their cars taken away?). What Hancock should booted for is his misconduct bringing the government into disrepute with an affair (this sounds crazy given the crimes committed by both major parties over the years ) causing distress to his wife and appointing an aide he was bonking (if they can determine that...but it's pretty likely).

Left wing media are already building the gallows. If it was a Labour MP the right wing media would be building them.

I understand Rayner has started the ball rolling. While she is at it perhaps her expenses can be investigated too?
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 26-06-21 at 17:27.

I just see that first meeting between Boris and Hancock being a bit locker room-ish. 'Matt you dirty dog'

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    They already do but for other reasons. Neither of them are squeaky clean in their careers.

Like I said on the other thread social distancing rule breaks have become more important (to the media) than even real crimes (remember the guys in cars arrested for meeting up in the middle of the night and their cars taken away?). What Hancock should booted for is his misconduct bringing the government into disrepute with an affair (this sounds crazy given the crimes committed by both major parties over the years ) causing distress to his wife and appointing an aide he was honking (if they can determine that...but it's pretty likely).

Left wing media are already building the gallows. If it was a Labour MP the right wing media would be building them.

I understand Rayner has started the ball rolling. While she is at it perhaps her expenses can be investigated too?
    Like I've already said, had it been Labour MPs caught with their pants down like that it would have been war and peace!

But no matter which party they were from, it's still despicable in the extreme and certainly doesn't set a good example to impressionable people.

I bet Wancock will still find a way of getting off scot-free though, being the conniving you know what that he is!

Ditto for Bozzer!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 26-06-21 at 17:34.

Like I've already said, had it been Labour MPs caught with their pants down like that it would have been war and peace!
    Left wing media are tearing into Hancock. Right wing won't unless they already want rid of him for some other reason.

Tory MPs will back him. Labour MPs will be going mad.

It's just the nature of tribalism. If it had been a Labour MP would all his own party, supporters and supportive media have linched him? Nope, they would be doing exactly the same. So it shouldn't be a surprise how they are acting now on either side.

We're still waiting on some disciplinary action against Kinnock who also broke lockdown. It's been a year and nothing. Sturgeon tried to back her NHS boss despite multiple rule breaks and only took action because of the uproar.

Page 58 of 228 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread Information