Page 27 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Yes, Tony. There was speculation he was appointed to ensure the border issue was focused on. So far he has said he is willing to discuss amendments to the WA to get it over the line which mirrors the new president. The old regime (Juncker and Barnier) have refused any reopening of the WA. But since Juncker is gone and Barnier isn't in charge and never was if they recall him he will be expected to do as the Commission demand. There is also something floating around that the DUP might soften on a NI only backstop but Foster is denying it.

Jo Swinson says she can be the next PM. She might want to check their polling as it only spiked very temporarily for the EU elections and now it has returned to it's middling levels. I do think they will be the third party though, those who back someone to create a majority. The trouble is she says she won't work with Corbyn and seems to push to oust him quite a lot.

If the choice is joining Corbyn and holding his reigns or allowing the Tories back which will she do? Given her voting record I would say she is as trustworthy as the rest and will do whatever is required for her.

The Lib Dems have pushed slightly on claiming they now want to revoke A50 but I don't see why a big deal has been made of this as they have been pushing for Remain all the way and the general opinion seems to have always been they would revoke and try to forget about anyone who doesn't agree with them. All that does is push more people to people like Farage as the government are ignoring the public again, or a large number of them.

When ever will they learn? You can't brush it aside and pretend it never happened. Even after we leave there will be some years of campaigning to re-join.

While she demands a second Brexit referendum three years after the first, the Glaswegian would deny Scots a second vote on separation.Supporting another EU ballot, she said: At what point did this idea take root that democracy is a fixed point in time and only a snapshot on a particular day is what matters? People do change their minds on things when they get more information.

But ruling out another Scottish border poll, she said: I don't support a second independence referendum in Scotland. I want to see Scotland in the United Kingdom.

Denying a contradiction, she added: I am doing what I think is right for our country. Mum-of-two Ms Swinson has majority of only 5,339 and, despite her claim the Lib Dems are competing in hundreds of constituencies, she admitted she did not take anything for granted

I wonder how many Scots feel about that? It's blatant hypocrisy. I would rather Scotland stayed but if they want the vote you cannot deny them that!

It is going to be very amusing if what happened to Clegg happens to her.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 14-09-19 at 02:56.

Are you two thinking about moving to Scotland afterwards?

i thought about moving to Canada after Trump...but the weather sucks and they don’t really need American history teachers up there

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Are you two thinking about moving to Scotland afterwards?

i thought about moving to Canada after Trump...but the weather sucks and they don’t really need American history teachers up there
    Scotland is nice. But like anywhere it depends where you go and some places have their problems with the same as down here (and being English in the trouble spots wouldn't be a good idea). They enjoy some better privileges up there too courtesy of local policy. Somewhere rural would be nice though and property is cheaper than down here. Mental health care is living in the past there though as they never implemented the IAPT framework we have down here.

I would love to holiday up there a lot though or have a retreat up there to go to. My brother goes up there on his walking holidays sometimes and loves it. Great wildlife.

But politics wouldn't be a reason for me, I'm not a Remainer. Besides if they indy there are a lot of questions about where the money comes from and the fact they leave their largest market in the process as well as being outside the EU regardless whether they go or stay. But then moving back would never be an issue as we would likely end up with dual citizenships anyway.

Canada has always looked nice. I worked with a guy who had lived over there for years and wanted to go back who said it was great over there.

I love Canada. Great country.

I've never been to Scotland. Looks beautiful though.

I had a mate who was from waayyy up in the North of Scotland many years ago. Fort William, I think. He said it was beautiful. Mr brother tends to stay on or near the lochs. The first one they could look out as they woke to find all sorts of wildlife right outside. I think he said they had seals but I might be wrong. A nice log cabin in the wilds of Canada sounds good to me.

Own goal by the new EU president. How they didn't realise this sounds just a little too far right and xenophobic is very surprising: https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eu-nationalism

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Scotland is nice. But like anywhere it depends where you go and some places have their problems with the same as down here (and being English in the trouble spots wouldn't be a good idea). They enjoy some better privileges up there too courtesy of local policy. Somewhere rural would be nice though and property is cheaper than down here. Mental health care is living in the past there though as they never implemented the IAPT framework we have down here.

I would love to holiday up there a lot though or have a retreat up there to go to. My brother goes up there on his walking holidays sometimes and loves it. Great wildlife.
    Yo Terence my man

You're at it again. Is IAPT a beer? Is Scotland at war? I know Ireland got trouble spots. Why don't you go there? Yeah Canada is great. Let's all go and live there

Charlie

Lord Pannick ( great name ) is arguing against the Government
    The Government is arguing for the Prorougation
    The news is coming out slowly

Hopefully headlines later today

This'll be a real test of your government's balance of power...or as we would say "checks and balances".

Page 27 of 228 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread Information