Page 57 of 228 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Today’s headlines .........

Re: Today’s headlines .........

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post

We have pescatarians, vegans, flexitarians, locavores, and of course vegetarians. But what’s the word for those of us who make the choice to eat meat not raised on a farm or slaughtered in an abattoir, but grown in a lab? Perhaps the “cytovore”, consumer of cells.’

I believe the correct word is guineapigs.

Ms Vee… Yes, I am a reader; but no, I haven’t read the book you mention. Nonetheless, I was aware of the ever-ongoing research, using Henrietta Lacks’ cells, from a documentary shown on TV years ago. But when I saw your reference in the context of my post, I immediately thought, quite seriously, Soylent Green, before I was taken aghast at the very idea.
    I can see how you'd make that reference as well, as I remember watching that movie as a kid. But you should read the Henrietta Lacks book; it's a great read. Another one you'd like is In the Wake of the Plague.

AW-DER! AW-DER! Scorned Speaker Bercow Leans Leftward Peering For His Honour

Announcing his defection to the Labour Party on Saturday, Mr Bercow said he regards the Tories under Mr Johnson as "reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57541836

Eh? Everyone might have been labouring under a misconception – when was he ever conservative?

I was contemplating posting this earlier but decided to wait for someone else to do so instead.

This latest humiliation of the Tories comes hard on the heels of a Tory by-election defeat in Amersham, Bucks, on Thursday (17th June), which was nabbed by the Lib Dems.

Said area was previously/historically 'blue wall' territory.

Both events are really interesting, and indeed most ironic considering Bozzer and Co still seemed like the untouchable top dogs in the recent local/regional elections still less than 2 months ago, including a Tory victory in another by-election in a historically 'red wall' area.

AW-DER! AW-DER! Scorned Speaker Bercow Leans Leftward Peering For His Honour

Announcing his defection to the Labour Party on Saturday, Mr Bercow said he regards the Tories under Mr Johnson as "reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57541836

Eh? Everyone might have been labouring under a misconception – when was he ever conservative?

Certainly not in his choice of a wife.

Hasn't Starmer got enough on his plate without this divisive idiot causing more problems? He's not going to help them win back Red Wall votes if it looks like he's painting those who voted for Boris as xenophobic given his past comments on Brexit.

Piers Corbyn is back at it I see. Filmed ripping off Covid safety advice stickers on a train. Probably another day in court for him then.

His brother has Covid splinters in his backside. Imagine if he had become PM and not been willing to endorse vaccination because he won't talk about medical matters? Hardly a big ask. Some might say he hasn't had it so it's hardly helpful in a sitting MP especially with his brother's lunacy.

Piers Corbyn is a great advert for promoting the vaccine. Give him as much press coverage as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Piers Corbyn is back at it I see. Filmed ripping off Covid safety advice stickers on a train. Probably another day in court for him then.

His brother has Covid splinters in his backside. Imagine if he had become PM and not been willing to endorse vaccination because he won't talk about medical matters? Hardly a big ask. Some might say he hasn't had it so it's hardly helpful in a sitting MP especially with his brother's lunacy.
    It's about time that plonker Piers was locked up. And his brother Jezzer is now one of yesterday's men.

No doubt Starmer will still be copping the blame, and Bozzer will probably be laughing his b**ls off!

The Bidens announced the passing of their 13yo German Shepherd Champ yesterday. Anyone who has shared their life with a fur baby knows what it feels like to lose what is for all intents and purposes, a family member. I was absolutely appalled by the comments on Fox News. I get that there's political divide but the pure hatred and vitriol absolutely floored me and put my mood in the dumps. This is the state of America and it's incredibly, incredibly sad :(

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Piers Corbyn is a great advert for promoting the vaccine. Give him as much press coverage as possible.
    I did laugh at the Tweet Lord Buckethead put out about it

Page 57 of 228 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread Information